• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Revoke my Membership? :S

Itsricmo

.30-06
Well I did had to be done... I sold my Mossberg 500 tonight with all my ammo to some kid in a Civic :cry:

I hope this doesn't kick me out of the club... I still have the 4x4... ;)

Sorry to see yer 500 go. OK tell us,,,,,,,,whats going to replace it???? ;)

He just got married and now has a kid on the way.

I'll bet you he's put'n the money toward a down payment on a minivan... ;)

Well that's what I was thinking Les and OM...just making sure.

Please though, not a minivan. :twisted:

Rick, You better be doing okay and selling only as you wish not as you have to.

But honestly, a 500 is easily replaceable down the road if you ever want another one!

carbinemike said:
Well that's what I was thinking Les and OM...just making sure.

Please though, not a minivan. :twisted:

What if it looks like mine ;)
DSC_0119.jpg

Rick...but the 500 was in your wedding pictures, it was practially like family :cry:

Remember to remind the Mrs.,,,,,stuff comes in camo too,,,,,,

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 446
  • d58f52c01edf39c691e2f94f6f6e9ffd.jpg
    d58f52c01edf39c691e2f94f6f6e9ffd.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 1b4dac6d3839c36d6569ea720dc915e0.jpg
    1b4dac6d3839c36d6569ea720dc915e0.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 446
The good thing about a 500 is there is over 10 million of them out there, so there won't be any excuse to not get another one down the road. :mrgreen:

I sold all my guns so you are still doing better than me , wish I could remember that guys name because I miss them sometimes ......I sold them to pay for health issuance I realize its better to have health care than all my firearms anyway.......

I thought our great emperor fixed all that with obama care. :evil:

oli700 said:
I sold all my guns so you are still doing better than me , wish I could remember that guys name because I miss them sometimes ......I sold them to pay for health issuance I realize its better to have health care than all my firearms anyway.......

"Guns for Healthcare" it's their new slogan to cure conservatism....

aksavanaman said:
"Guns for Healthcare"

:lol: Now that's funny. AK, I would not call that a minivan. You must be planning for some more with that beast.

Rick, if it will help I am willing to trade diapers for .22LR ammo.

What's done, is done. Too bad rick. But you can be an honorary member here. :lol:

You're not the first person who's ever sold a gun LOL

Glad to see I won't be shunned and turned away... immediately at least :D :lol:
Times are a little tough, some guys are laid off and I'm still on the chopping block.. In the middle of trying to buy a house and get out of this (recently) Mold Infested Basement and joke of a rental house..

Every time I turn around the bank wants me to fix something in the house I don't yet own so that they will give me a mortgage to pay on it... Kind of frustrating but I desperately need to own my own place with a kid instead of renting and ever more so than I need a gun at this point. Being only 21 I hopefully have many long years ahead of me and hopefully I can get another one down the road.

I am supposed to be getting a "safety bonus" for not getting hurt at work in 2013 and I think I am going to buy a buddies under-folder AK for $500 to replace the 12ga but that won't be till almost april. The thing is in practically un-issued condition and has 3 mags, bayonet and drill/tap set for scope mount!!!

Until then, I just spend $100 of the sale money on Head Gaskets, Coolant, Oil and Filters for my '96 Chevy POS :) and another $100 on 3 days of meals for the Uncle Fixing it haha

Itsricmo said:
Glad to see I won't be shunned and turned away... immediately at least :D :lol:

You're dead to me Rick!!!! Dead!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Just kidding. I sold everything but the few that have been passed on by family about 10 years ago when I hit some financial problems after buying my house. It's taken me a while but I have replaced most of them now.

Rick, times are hard everywhere right now.

As you know, my oldest son just had a beautiful baby girl early November, and he and his girlfriend are wanting to get married when they get their taxes back so they can afford a decent little wedding, and now they're telling him that he'll probably get a pink slip once this little contract is up.

He's more than a little upset.

As for the bank demanding that you fix things on something that you don't own, I'm unsure how I handle that, but it would probably be not too good.

But I will tell you what I know about mold.

It grows because it is getting excess moisture, whether from the air or the ground or from leaky faucet or drain or even dryer vent or somewhere. A dehumidifier may help if you can keep the moisture below 45 or 50%.

Clorox will kill mold, but you don't want to use it in a confined space without a good NBC mask because it can punch your timecard too.

Also, either a fan to circulate the air will help, or adding air vents in the foundation (if possible) will also help too if you can get/keep the air circulating.

Rick, you get high marks here for putting your budding young family as your #1 priority. Even if it doesn't always go as planned you will keep working hard to move forward. Consistently do that and it will get easier.

I have never heard of a buyer having to do repairs at a house they wanted to buy. Usually they would give a list to the seller. The closest I know of was friend was told the house he wanted to buy needed a railing for the basement steps and the front porch painted. He wanted the house so he offered the owners to meet on a weekend and split the work.

Now, why didn't I see you on the steps in Harrisburg on Sunday afternoon? :D You missed the guy wearing the kilt with AR on his back. We could have used your Dad's sign making too. My boy even asked if you were coming ;)

Back