• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Revoke my Membership? :S

Rick it does me good to see you have your priorities in order. Family first, the rest will fall into place.

Important time of you and your family's lives. Guns will be there later for you. :)

Me and the guy I bought my house from worked together to make necessary repairs to pass inspection, to satisfy the mortgage company. The type of loan has a lot to do with the hoops that have to be jumped through. A buddy of mine has been house shopping about 9 months now, with no luck. But to get back on topic. It happens, pump mossy's are easy to come by. And as others stated, good that you have your priorities in line.

All the luck to you and the family! I was a contracter for a few years some places are really tough to work with!

John A. said:
Rick, times are hard everywhere right now.

As you know, my oldest son just had a beautiful baby girl early November, and he and his girlfriend are wanting to get married when they get their taxes back so they can afford a decent little wedding, and now they're telling him that he'll probably get a pink slip once this little contract is up.

He's more than a little upset.

As for the bank demanding that you fix things on something that you don't own, I'm unsure how I handle that, but it would probably be not too good.

But I will tell you what I know about mold.

It grows because it is getting excess moisture, whether from the air or the ground or from leaky faucet or drain or even dryer vent or somewhere. A dehumidifier may help if you can keep the moisture below 45 or 50%.

Clorox will kill mold, but you don't want to use it in a confined space without a good NBC mask because it can punch your timecard too.

Also, either a fan to circulate the air will help, or adding air vents in the foundation (if possible) will also help too if you can get/keep the air circulating.

Done a lot of mold remediation myself. Not sure what your landlord situation is like but usually cutting out up to 18" above/below last visible mold in the sheetrock will do it. (18" because mold has 'tentacles' that aren't visible and they go throughout the paper backing.)

Anything left on the framing could be wiped down with a mixture of just a couple cap fulls of chlorine bleach, a few squirts of dish soap in a gallon of water. That is more than enough to kill the mold. You could get away with some rubber gloves and a disposable N95 dust mask if it's not a horribly large amount. Be sure you bag and dispose everything immediately as you cut it out...that is if you do it of course.

John is spot on with the relative humidity, gotta try to keep it under 50% RH most of the time, even a decent bathroom exhaust fan can help with that.

Good luck Rick, like many of us you have to make sacrifices for your family. I know only too well myself as I'm sure many others do here as well.

PS - I don't own any Mossy's at the moment and haven't been shunned yet, but having said that out loud...I'll probably get an earful now!

oli700 said:
old mossy said:
Guns will be there later for you. :)
don't bank on it

Thanks, Oli! Very Optimistic :D hahaha

dieselmudder said:
The type of loan has a lot to do with the hoops that have to be jumped through.

Too everyone questioning why I am the one required to replace and fix things... it is a USDA loan because of me being laid-off last year, there wasn't anything left in my mediocre savings (lol) and I needed to get some assistance with getting approved for a mortgage with very... VERY minimal down payment... $500 haha It was great... Anyhow, the house has to be 100% move-in livable and EVERYTHING has to pass very strict standards from our ever wonderful Gov't.. me being the buyer I am required to bring the house to code if I want to buy it. It's stuff I would have to fix once I get in anyway, so I might as well do it now before I live there I guess.

old Mossy - Rick it does me good to see you have your priorities in order. Family first, the rest will fall into place.

CarbineMike - Rick, you get high marks here for putting your budding young family as your #1 priority.

I owe these principles to my parents! Although they divorced while I was at a young age, they did a very well job at still making sure I was raised right and taught what exactly comes first and what priorities really are. Thanks though guys ;) Support always makes things go a heck of a lot easier lol

JohnA - Rick, times are hard everywhere right now.

Tell me about it... Tell your Son that he is in my thoughts and prayers! I fear that something similar may happen at any time and I don't honestly know what I would do... All we can do it help the best we can and support! I learned last year when I was laid off that Family is a major factor in situations like this... I'm sure you are doing all you can to help!

Umm... other than that... CMCdonald, we have a super awesome group of guys/gals here. So long you enjoy firearms, outdoors and/or a low-key easy going folk... you are always welcome at Mossberg Owners!! :mrgreen:

Back