• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rust in the chamber of my 590A1 *UPDATE WITH PICTURES*

My 590A1 had the exact same brown "something" in the chamber when bought new last week. A bore snake followed by a couple hundred rounds of birdshot/buckshot/slugs made no difference.

I chucked a couple of sections of cleaning rod and a fresh 12 gauge brass bore brush in an electric drill, used a generous amount of WD-40, and 2or 3 minutes later absolutely all traces were gone. Due to its ease of removal, I am not entirely convinced it was actually rust.

While there is no excuse for a gouge in your original chamber, if your only concern with the new barrel is the brown staining, might be a really easy fix.

Good luck.

Kevin
AZ

UPDATE.....this is bullshit, I got the barrel back...."looks better" but now the front sight is canted! Tomorrow I'm off...and I calling them up no nice guy, I'm gonna go off! I'm beyond pissed off!

Got my new barrel.....it's fine now, finally! I have it soaking in CLP. I feel like I finally have my 590A1.

Back