Rusty Mossberg 500.. Help?

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by 500buckshot, Aug 9, 2016.

1. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

2. Pawpaw

Pawpaw 20g Supporter

I doubt we'll ever hear from him again. He was a one shot wonder back on August 9.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

I feel like I've been trolled...:confused:
  4. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

He'll be back,,,,,just busy working on that gun.:)
  5. SlugsForThugs

SlugsForThugs .410

damn, I was hoping to find out what happend... :(
  6. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

No way that shotgun could have corroded that much in one month. I think we've been punked.
    Iver Johnston likes this.
  7. Bobster

Bobster .308 Supporter

Yup, me too! :rolleyes: I blame it on clarke for necropostbumping... :mad: ;)
  8. Conn 500

Conn 500 .223

Nah, just a newbie hoping someone had a cure-all for his rusted 500. The receiver will be no problem cleaning up, the rusted metal would be a challenge. We all know it will function flawless once cleaned and lubed, but the metal will need some cosmetic work for sure. He's probably in the basement with a can of Kroil and some very fine steel wool bringing it back to life. Have an old 500 field barrel I bought at a yard sale in the 1980's for $20 once I was able to remove the choke. Sanded it down with 3 in 1 oil and steel wool (state of the art back then) then cleaned it with solvent and alcohol. Spray painted it with flat black header paint and still have it on my turkey shoot 500. That was over 30 years ago.
  9. Iver Johnston

Iver Johnston .22LR

Hopefully he didn't shoot himself in the head trying to get the barrel off......
    If mice did that in a month, in his closet, they probably have eaten all his clothes as well..

(More like three months lying in the back of a pick-up alongside a leaking battery).
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017