• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Saturday Morning Government gun ban

Well of course there's a fine selection of available participants for this event assuming any of them could overcome their fears and prejudices long enough to actually participate.

I would like to see Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Clinton in a shooting contest. Not a contest for accuracy as much as a contest to see if they could even figure out which end of the gun to hold.

They all claim to know so much about all these dangerous fully semi-automatic ghost assault weapons that they are fully qualified to tell us whether or not we can legally own one . . . . . so I'd like to see them each pick one up and actually shoot.

I don't think any one of them know enough about guns to load and shoot an AR style sporting rifle.

Last edited:
Even more funny, I'd field strip the weapon (including magazines) and leave in a box, and they would have access to about a half dozen different gun powders (most of which are not suitable for rifles) and give them enough data to load a single round with it.

Give them 30 minutes to assemble and load a round (which is far more than adequate) and stand back and watch them pull the trigger while an angry Russian bear was charging them.

All the losers would be kicked off the island and would have to resign their elected posts.

Now that's a show that I would actually watch.

I don't know John . . . I think that would be a big waste of time, watching idiots fumble around trying to do something they know nothing about.

If you want to see that you can just watch YouTube.

Well, we could make it more interesting.

At the half way mark just before the first commercial break, whoever is the farthest away from achieving the task, could drop through a trap door and be fed to sharks with lasers on their heads and be shown on a picture in picture box in the lower right hand corner of the screen while the remaining competitors continued readying their weapons.

John, I would ask you to send me some of whatever the heck you've been drinking, buddy . . . . but there are these dang postal regulations you know. ;(

Then again, maybe I'm being too harsh.

Politically speaking I think it is time for a version of celebrity Survivor.

Here's how it works:

We take the above-mentioned participants and give them their own selection of knives, swords, sticks clubs, pitchforks, spears, arrows, or any reasonably legal to obtain weapon, aside from firearms. To make it fair we also give each one of them some kind of a metal shield like Captain America has. But it's going to be heavy so it's not too easy to hold up.

We put these folks in a cage, with iron bars separating them from a collection of various simians.

We give the apes (chimps, monkeys whatever) a few unloaded guns and an appropriate selection of ammunition. We also give them some loaded guns that have not been cocked or that have the safeties engaged. Let's include a few pre-war types that are well known to drop fire.

All's fair in Love and War, so if a monkey happens to toss a loaded gun through the bars and Feinstein grabs it and start blasting them, think of the great newspaper photographs that would create.

Man, the creativity is crazy good here. LOL. Do any of you know anyone in the production business. A new game show, "D.C. Warriors go to Hollywood".

Just wanted to update with the latest so far. I believe that most of us knew that the outcome was going to be rigged but I wanted to document it for future generations as to why the government is corrupt at every level.

https://www.regulations.gov/comment?...2018-0002-0001=

"IV. Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Based on ATF's initial review of the comments it received on the ANPRM, the vast majority of comments concern the legal authority to regulate bump-stock-type devices. Some of those comments opined that the Department has the power to regulate bump-stock-type devices. Most, however, contended that the Department lacks such authority, either because only Congress has the authority to regulate bump-stock-type devices or because the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution precludes any federal regulation of such devices.
The Department disagrees. Congress has granted the Attorney General authority to issue rules to administer the GCA and NFA, and the Attorney General has delegated to ATF the authority to administer and enforce those statutes and implementing regulations.
See supra Part I. Because, with some exceptions, the possession of a machinegun is prohibited by the GCA, the Department is well within its authority to issue a rule that further clarifies and interprets the statutory definition of machinegun. Nor is regulation of bump-stock-type devices as machineguns inconsistent with the Second Amendment. The Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), noted that the Second Amendment does not extend to “`dangerous and unusual weapons'” not in “`common use.'” Id. at 627. Heller further observed that it would be “startling” to conclude “that the National Firearms Act's restrictions on machineguns . . . might be unconstitutional.” Id. at 624. Since Heller, federal courts of appeals have repeatedly held that federal statutes prohibiting machineguns comport with the Second Amendment. See, e.g., Hollis v. Lynch, 827 F.3d 436, 451 (5th Cir. 2016) (upholding federal statute banning possession of machineguns because they are “dangerous and unusual and therefore not in common use”); accord United States v. Henry, 688 F.3d 637, 640 (9th Cir. 2012); United States v. Marzzarella, 614 F.3d 85, 94-95 (3d Cir. 2010); Hamblen v. United States, 591 F.3d 471, 472, 474 (6th Cir. 2009); United States v. Fincher, 538 F.3d 868, 874 (8th Cir. 2008). No court has interpreted Heller as encompassing a constitutional right to possess machineguns or machinegun conversion devices.
Numerous persons commented that bump-stock-type devices do not fall under the statutory definition of “machinegun because, when attached, they do not change the mechanical functioning of a semiautomatic firearm, and still require a separate trigger pull for each fired round.” They noted that bump firing is a technique, and pointed to many other ways in which a shooter can increase a firearm's rate of fire without using a bump-stock-type device.
The Department disagrees. The relevant statutory question is whether a particular device causes a firearm to “shoot * * * automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.” 26 U.S.C. 5845(b). Bump firing and other techniques for increasing the rate of fire do not satisfy this definition because they do not produce an automatic firing sequence with a single pull of the trigger. Instead, bump firing without an assistive device requires the shooter to exert pressure with the trigger finger to re-engage the trigger for each round fired. The bump-stock-type devices described above, however, satisfy the definition. ATF's classification decisions between 2008 and 2017 did not reflect the best interpretation of the term “automatically” as used in the definition of “machinegun,” because those decisions focused on the lack of mechanical parts like internal springs in the bump-stock-type devices at issue. The bump-stock-type devices at issue in those rulings, however, utilized the recoil of the firearm itself to maintain an automatic firing sequence initiated by a single pull of the trigger. As with the Akins Accelerator, the bump-stock-type devices at issue cause the trigger to “bump” into the finger, so that the shooter need not pull the trigger repeatedly to expel ammunition. As stated above, ATF previously focused on the trigger itself to interpret “single function of the trigger,” but adopted a better legal and practical interpretation of “function” to encompass the shooter's activation of the trigger by, as in the case of the Akins Accelerator and other bump-stock-type devices, a single pull that causes the weapon to shoot until the ammunition is exhausted or the pressure on the trigger is removed. Because these bump-stock-type devices allow multiple rounds to be fired when the shooter maintains pressure on the extension ledge of the device, ATF has determined that bump-stock-type devices are machinegun conversion devices, and therefore qualify as machineguns under the GCA and the NFA. See infra Part V.

Just wanted to update with the latest so far. I believe that most of us knew that the outcome was going to be rigged but I wanted to document it for future generations as to why the government is corrupt at every level.

https://www.regulations.gov/comment?...2018-0002-0001=

"IV. Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Based on ATF's initial review of the comments it received on the ANPRM, the vast majority of comments concern the legal authority to regulate bump-stock-type devices. Some of those comments opined that the Department has the power to regulate bump-stock-type devices. Most, however, contended that the Department lacks such authority, either because only Congress has the authority to regulate bump-stock-type devices or because the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution precludes any federal regulation of such devices.
The Department disagrees. Congress has granted the Attorney General authority to issue rules to administer the GCA and NFA, and the Attorney General has delegated to ATF the authority to administer and enforce those statutes and implementing regulations.
See supra Part I. Because, with some exceptions, the possession of a machinegun is prohibited by the GCA, the Department is well within its authority to issue a rule that further clarifies and interprets the statutory definition of machinegun. Nor is regulation of bump-stock-type devices as machineguns inconsistent with the Second Amendment. The Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), noted that the Second Amendment does not extend to “`dangerous and unusual weapons'” not in “`common use.'” Id. at 627. Heller further observed that it would be “startling” to conclude “that the National Firearms Act's restrictions on machineguns . . . might be unconstitutional.” Id. at 624. Since Heller, federal courts of appeals have repeatedly held that federal statutes prohibiting machineguns comport with the Second Amendment. See, e.g., Hollis v. Lynch, 827 F.3d 436, 451 (5th Cir. 2016) (upholding federal statute banning possession of machineguns because they are “dangerous and unusual and therefore not in common use”); accord United States v. Henry, 688 F.3d 637, 640 (9th Cir. 2012); United States v. Marzzarella, 614 F.3d 85, 94-95 (3d Cir. 2010); Hamblen v. United States, 591 F.3d 471, 472, 474 (6th Cir. 2009); United States v. Fincher, 538 F.3d 868, 874 (8th Cir. 2008). No court has interpreted Heller as encompassing a constitutional right to possess machineguns or machinegun conversion devices.
Numerous persons commented that bump-stock-type devices do not fall under the statutory definition of “machinegun because, when attached, they do not change the mechanical functioning of a semiautomatic firearm, and still require a separate trigger pull for each fired round.” They noted that bump firing is a technique, and pointed to many other ways in which a shooter can increase a firearm's rate of fire without using a bump-stock-type device.
The Department disagrees. The relevant statutory question is whether a particular device causes a firearm to “shoot * * * automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.” 26 U.S.C. 5845(b). Bump firing and other techniques for increasing the rate of fire do not satisfy this definition because they do not produce an automatic firing sequence with a single pull of the trigger. Instead, bump firing without an assistive device requires the shooter to exert pressure with the trigger finger to re-engage the trigger for each round fired. The bump-stock-type devices described above, however, satisfy the definition. ATF's classification decisions between 2008 and 2017 did not reflect the best interpretation of the term “automatically” as used in the definition of “machinegun,” because those decisions focused on the lack of mechanical parts like internal springs in the bump-stock-type devices at issue. The bump-stock-type devices at issue in those rulings, however, utilized the recoil of the firearm itself to maintain an automatic firing sequence initiated by a single pull of the trigger. As with the Akins Accelerator, the bump-stock-type devices at issue cause the trigger to “bump” into the finger, so that the shooter need not pull the trigger repeatedly to expel ammunition. As stated above, ATF previously focused on the trigger itself to interpret “single function of the trigger,” but adopted a better legal and practical interpretation of “function” to encompass the shooter's activation of the trigger by, as in the case of the Akins Accelerator and other bump-stock-type devices, a single pull that causes the weapon to shoot until the ammunition is exhausted or the pressure on the trigger is removed. Because these bump-stock-type devices allow multiple rounds to be fired when the shooter maintains pressure on the extension ledge of the device, ATF has determined that bump-stock-type devices are machinegun conversion devices, and therefore qualify as machineguns under the GCA and the NFA. See infra Part V.
Wow...they're really reaching on that interpretation. We already know their intent is not to stop here...this is just the lead up to the big assault. They'll use the splitting of hairs to sack the 2A and any other part of your Constitution to meet their goal.

I hope you guys can stave this off. We already have an enforcement agency (RCMP) running amok here making up rules and regulations on the fly...you do not want what we have. Gun owners and some politicians have been demanding change for years and asking why un-elected bureaucrats are making what amount to laws without legislation passing through the House. It is undemocratic, it is anti-freedom and it is TOTALLY unacceptable in a so-called free society.

Thanks for posting this John.

Nowhere does anyone in government ask a simple question, what frame of mind must someone be in to use a bumpstock, or any weapon, either manufactured or home made to murder people? Certainly not sane and or law abiding. The left leaves that out of the equation because it does not fit their narrative, nor does it fulfill their agenda to disarm the populace to enable complete control.

I get stuck on the wording for full auto in John's earlier post..."or can be readily restored to shoot" and it makes me think we are screwed long term. I'll try and avoid legal talk as it will hurt my brain but a semi auto can be deemed a machine gun if it can quickly converted to shoot full auto. I assume that is why they don't want receivers etc. drilled for full auto. So, if a bumpstock can be banned for "basically making a semi into full auto" then what is to stop them from just using an executive order to ban semi automatics since they can fire the same way with a string or belt loop? Since a semi auto can be readily made to shoot like a full auto what is to stop them? Since the courts matter less and less nothing but the thought "can we get away with this now?" will stop them.

Back