• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scabbard for 930

RSW1

Copper BB
I know there's a thread in here for shotgun scabbards, but the group is mostly talking pumps. Anyone know of a scabbard that will work with a 930SPX?

Here's the issue. I bought the Condor Scabbard (great scabbard by the way), but when you slide an autoloader in, it catches/pushes the charging handle. WAY too tight. Matter of fact I loaded a shell in the chamber cramming into the scabbard and pulling it back out again. Not cool, serious safety issue.

Thoughts?

BTW, if not a decent scabbard for an autoloader, I may have to just have the Condor modified by getting a alterations place to cut a slot in the scabbard and sew the edges (just a thought anyway)

I have two of the Condor scabbards.

The first one, posted in the aforementioned scabbard thread, is several years old and fits my 930 Tactical just fine. It's well formed, but relatively flexible. Bought another one a few months back and it does not fit my 930. This one seems to have some kind of PVC or Kydex liner which makes it very stiff and inflexible. Have the same fit issues you detailed in your post above. The scabbards look similar but are cut differently, so apparently Condor changed their specs a while back.

Have you considered something with a slightly different pattern? Seems like the ones patterned for a semi-auto rifle would work well...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ncstar-tactical-rifle-scabbard?a=1003586

Thanks. That may be my next option. Only concern is in reading reviews, someone said shotguns are "loose" in this case. May just have to give it a try. At $25 bucks, not much to loose.

My thoughts are that where pump guns may be loose, the added with of the charging handle might tighten things up a bit with the 930...

Back