• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scope for 835

bulldurham48

Copper BB
Hi folks, I am an old deer hunter who now needs a little visual help in target acquisition and was planning on adding a red dot type scope to my gun, which is a =n 835 pump 3 1/2 inch which fires 00 buck or 1No# 1 buck in 3 1/2 inch shells, what should I chose? most shots are :D 35 to 50 yards have a great choke which patters great out past 50 so need alittle help with selection. Any ideas?

Have you looked at Bushnell? I have one on my 835. I love it. It's a red T. not a dot. I'll look for the model and post it up.

n1VF7.jpg

You can also check out our section on red dots too...

viewforum.php?f=123

Lots of good stuff there.

and one more thing...

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Thanx mossy. It works like a dream too.

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the input and ideas. I will be headed out today to start checking things out. Thanks again for the prompt and informed replies it all really helps me. Will let you all know what I do and when I do it, and how many deer I get with it {hope}

Might be too late, not sure how I missed this one. I put a Bushnell on mine and it works great. I've always had good luck with Bushnell scopes

I do not recall the exact model but it's a fixed 4x model.

835_500_deer_004_zpsabd808e6.jpg

835_500_deer_003_zpsdb841bca.jpg

Vortex makes great optics an has probably the best warranty and customer service around. They make a few red dots that I have recenlty saw as cheap as 100$..

Swyped while swerving via mobile device

Back