• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scope for dsa stg58

GR00VY

Hello all. I am wanting to scope my FAL rifle and have decided I would like a 1-4x or 1-6x scope. I don't shoot over 400 yards or so. I am not shooting for small clover leaf groups. I just want something that will get me a little better down range accuracy and I can dial back for close shots. Any of you have any suggestions? I am trying not to spend too much. I know you get what you pay for but I am looking a for a good reliable scope (holds up to 308 recoil) that won't break the bank. If anybody has any ideas for me that would be great. Thanks

As far as budget optics go, I've had good luck with NcStar. Have a couple of their MK III series at the moment and one of 'em has been mounted on my .308 for a couple years now. It's held zero like a champ under recoil. Looks like OpticsPlanet is running a sale too...

NcStar Riflescopes

GR00VY said:
Hello all. I am wanting to scope my FAL rifle and have decided I would like a 1-4x or 1-6x scope. I don't shoot over 400 yards or so. I am not shooting for small clover leaf groups. I just want something that will get me a little better down range accuracy and I can dial back for close shots. Any of you have any suggestions? I am trying not to spend too much. I know you get what you pay for but I am looking a for a good reliable scope (holds up to 308 recoil) that won't break the bank. If anybody has any ideas for me that would be great. Thanks

Groovy,
I have had great results with all lines of Leupold line of scope. I have always trusted Leupold when it come to scopes. My new Favorite is the VX-R line with the illuminated retinal dot...love it. You can drop down to a VX-2 or vr-1 and be fine and not break the bank. Here is a pick of my leupold VX-R 1x4 30 mm. In a LaRue tactical mount...I love it
a2f92e48.jpg

I have narrowed it down a bit. I am willing to put a couple extra bucks in to this to get a decent scope. First, thanks for the replies thus far.

Leupold VX II 1-4 X 20
nikon african 1-4x20
Leatherwood 1-4x24mm CMR Series Scope

I like that the leupold only weighs in at 9oz.

What do you all think? I have no experience with any of these.

Back