• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scored a pile of brass

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
We had had 1-2 inches of snow on the ground for about 2 weeks and it melted off recently. I went to the range today and the melted snow revealed all the brass nobody wanted to dig for. Lot's of 9mm and some .45 too. It's warming in the basement now.

Awesome!!!!

Both are great cartridge brass to have on hand.... :)

Glad you were there first!

We got another 2 inches tonight so who knows when that melts. One thing that amazes me is that the range usually slows after deer season and the holidays as winter sets in. It has been busy every weekend, especially the pistol ranges. You'd never know ammo was up in price and hard to find.

At club IDPA events - you help break down, you're cool to pick brass. Last month we had a great match - a warm day after a day of rain. Pickets were almost absent. I helped out then hit the high round count stations. 9 & 40 as usual but lots of 45, 38 spcl, 38 super and 380 (??) - took a water wash but went home with 2 gal Ziplocs rather than the typical 1. Event costs $8 for members - works for me!!

Back