• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scored Some Varget Today

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
The title pretty much says it all. I have been making a habit, when close by, of stopping at LGS over the last year. Today I hit a little store in the next county over and stumbled upon a great supply of powders including 10 1lb jars of Varget. I have not seen them on a shelf for about 13 months. I was down to my last pound so I grabbed a couple. Not bad at $25 each. To bad the rest of their reloading supplies were pretty thin.

Congrats on the score!!

I've yet to see a rhyme or reason to why certain powders do or don't hit the shelves. On thing I can note is that once I find a powder I like AND it seems to frequently be in stock AND I count on that - then that powder will go away for a year at least.

I was buying Unique at will for a long time. Now "poof" gone. WSF has been my 9mm competition load for a few years. I'm down to half a pound AND I've been looking. Nada.

I always have alternatives and I am surprised at times as well as disappointed - once I realized that Accurate 5744 was one of the IT powders for 300 BLK I could not find it on the planet - then one of my regular rural LGS was fat with the stuff - no limit ($30 a lb. most expensive in the place) - buying it all is out of my budget but I'm up to 3 lbs. and it is still on the shelf!!

A great big "go figger"!!!!!

Back