• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Self Healing Targets?

honkey

.270 WIN
I have seen self healing targets at a few local sporting good stores, and they seem like pretty good deals. I enjoy shooting things besides paper targets, and I normally just shoot clays that I set up, but I think I may be able to convince my fiancee to shoot more often if we had more fun targets. I was looking at some bowling pins, reactive balls, and bottle shaped targets that all claim to handle 10,000 rounds. Does anyone know if these work as well as advertised? I think it might be fun to pick a few up if they will actually last 10,000 rounds. My concern is that shooting those with my 1911 that it will last significantly less than shooting them with my .22.

She could shoot her old shoes. And pix of Kim Kardashian. Some pots n pans...

those might be self healing for her....
;)

I've shot the bottle shaped self healing targets before and they're pretty cool. We were shoot'n em with a browning Hi Power 9mm and if the bottle didn't move it was hard to tell if we hit it or not. It's really hard to find the bullet holes...

ripjack13 said:
She could shoot her old shoes. And pix of Kim Kardashian. Some pots n pans...

those might be self healing for her....
;)

Ha! I could see her shooting Kardashian pics, but her only shoes are the Converse All Stars that she wears. If we could shoot metal at the range, we probably would take steel plates or pans, but we aren't supposed to do that. I typically follow the rules at the public range, and often clean it myself even if I know it will be trashed again the next day. I just figure if people clean up after themselves, we don't have to worry about having the area taken away from us.

Back