• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Serial Number Question

EYEMAN

Copper BB
Hope someone can help. I have an older 500 20Ga. and I have searched the gun from end to end and have not been able to find a serial number. It is the old one with the single bar on the tube and Mossberg has sent me the wrong one although I told them exactly what I wanted. They wanted the serial # in the beginning but said it was not necessary. It is not as if this serial # has been removed for it has an original finish on it. Can anyone tell me where it might be located. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! Bob

The serial number on mine is on the bottom part of the receiver just in front of where you load the shells.

With that said, prior to 1968, firearms were not required to have a serial number, and the 500's began production in 1960, so if yours does not have a serial, it's likely a pre-68 if no one has pranked with it.

Mossberg didn't put ser.#'s on the 500's until 1968.

Not sure if Mossberg even has those early parts. You might want to give Havlin a call. They are very good on older Mossy's.
Havlin (636) 937-6401

Back