• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Setpoint Ammo Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
setpointFooterLogo.png

http://setpointammo.com/

Why Setpoint Ammo? Setpoint now offers the first-ever custom automated ammunition. Watch this video to understand how and why Setpoint is your first choice for cost-effective, time-saving, accurate, and precise custom ammunition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYfD4ZjB7S8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Your Situation Your Rifle Your Shot
The only custom automated cartridge loading system in the world
About Setpoint Ammunition

In a deadly force scenario or heated competition, absolute precision and consistent performance are key. Setpoint's zero-tolerance engineering delivers customized ammunition designed exclusively for your rifle's performance characteristics. In essence, you get the precision of a custom handload with greater consistency than even premium match-grade factory ammunition.

Setpoint's system is simple: you determine your round around your rifle and Setpoint delivers that ammunition in any quantity required. Choose the bullet, case, powder, powder weight, and seating depth that best perform for you and your rifle, rather than tweaking your rifle and optic to match some small offering of factory loads.

Simply stated, no one has more experience with delivering ultra-precision performance with combustibles than Setpoint. From the precision engineering of the automotive industry with airbag initiators to the consistent performance of mass-customized ammunition for the most elite law enforcement and military snipers, Setpoint is truly in a class all by itself.

Anyone who has chased the elusive one-hole group at any distance knows that every shooter has his own approach and that no two rifles are the same. Setpoint Ammunition is the first mass-customized precision ammunition available to long-range precision shooters. Multiple projectiles and powder types and infinite variables in bullet seating depth and ultra-precision weight-measured powder charges mean you can have the round for YOUR needs, YOUR rifle, YOUR shot.

PICK A BULLET: Bullets vary in weight, length, shape and construction and each delivers a unique performance characteristic. Determine your bullet based on desired end use, experimentation, manufacturer information and the descriptions found here.
p342470333-4.jpg

PICK A CASING: Two case selections are currently available. Winchester brass is good quality and will yield good results. Choose the enhanced quality of Lapua brass for specialized target, tactical, or hunting situations that require super precision rounds.
p502556179-3.jpg

PICK A PRIMER: We currently use Federal primer. Other choices are available and may be offered in the future.
p133828996-3.jpg

PICK A POWDER: We use Hodgdon Varget powder—a popular and proven choice for precision loaded .308 ammunition. Other powder options may be offered in the future.
p89637100-3.jpg

CHOOSE POWDER WEIGHT: The amount of powder measured in grain weight determines the velocity of your projectile. Variations in the powder charge affect accuracy. SAAMI specifications set limits on powder charges. Keep in mind, more or faster isn’t always better.
p51783898-4.jpg

CHOOSE CARTRIDGE OVERALL LENGTH: Overall length can greatly affect accuracy and is primarily determined by the seating depth of the projectile. The throat of the barrel (the distance between the end of the chamber and the beginning of the rifling) is one factor in determining seating depth. Over time the throat of any rifle will experience wear. Decreasing seating depth which results in the bullet being closer to the lands of the rifling, even by as little as a few thousandths, can sometimes extend the life of a barrel as it wears.
p521742795-4.jpg

p867264194-4.jpg

p575057252-4.jpg

p1049119583-4.jpg

p754652766-4.jpg

p821998073-4.jpg

p582036461-4.jpg

p772576278-4.jpg

p1016635526-4.jpg

p198725416-4.jpg

Thanks for posting this Doc....I will be looking into it.

I just ordered two boxes to try out with my Remington 700 aac-sd so will see how they are. I really like the concept of being able to order custom tailored ammo though!

Wow! This is a totally novel idea, but makes tons of sense!

I hope to have a need to use SetPoint ammo sometime!

What you need to do is get some Remington core lock off the shelf and shoot them side by side.....hope you have a good spot so they can stretch their legs. Out at least past 200 yards so you can see a difference

That is the plan but unfortunately I don't have a local range where I can get out past 200 yards with them. I will be traveling in the winter/spring to do some hunting and will get a chance to test them out then.

I went to the site to mess around...cant figure how to do other cal. Just showing 308 and those only have one powder and primer choice. Also cant find ant ballistic info....am I being lame or is it not there?

They only offer it in .308 win at the moment but will be expanding their lineup in the near future. Same goes for th powder.

DHonovich said:
setpointFooterLogo.png

http://setpointammo.com/

Why Setpoint Ammo? Setpoint now offers the first-ever custom automated ammunition. Watch this video to understand how and why Setpoint is your first choice for cost-effective, time-saving, accurate, and precise custom ammunition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYfD4ZjB7S8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Your Situation Your Rifle Your Shot
The only custom automated cartridge loading system in the world
About Setpoint Ammunition

In a deadly force scenario or heated competition, absolute precision and consistent performance are key. Setpoint's zero-tolerance engineering delivers customized ammunition designed exclusively for your rifle's performance characteristics. In essence, you get the precision of a custom handload with greater consistency than even premium match-grade factory ammunition.

Setpoint's system is simple: you determine your round around your rifle and Setpoint delivers that ammunition in any quantity required. Choose the bullet, case, powder, powder weight, and seating depth that best perform for you and your rifle, rather than tweaking your rifle and optic to match some small offering of factory loads.

Simply stated, no one has more experience with delivering ultra-precision performance with combustibles than Setpoint. From the precision engineering of the automotive industry with airbag initiators to the consistent performance of mass-customized ammunition for the most elite law enforcement and military snipers, Setpoint is truly in a class all by itself.

Anyone who has chased the elusive one-hole group at any distance knows that every shooter has his own approach and that no two rifles are the same. Setpoint Ammunition is the first mass-customized precision ammunition available to long-range precision shooters. Multiple projectiles and powder types and infinite variables in bullet seating depth and ultra-precision weight-measured powder charges mean you can have the round for YOUR needs, YOUR rifle, YOUR shot.

PICK A BULLET: Bullets vary in weight, length, shape and construction and each delivers a unique performance characteristic. Determine your bullet based on desired end use, experimentation, manufacturer information and the descriptions found here.
p342470333-4.jpg

PICK A CASING: Two case selections are currently available. Winchester brass is good quality and will yield good results. Choose the enhanced quality of Lapua brass for specialized target, tactical, or hunting situations that require super precision rounds.
p502556179-3.jpg

PICK A PRIMER: We currently use Federal primer. Other choices are available and may be offered in the future.
p133828996-3.jpg

PICK A POWDER: We use Hodgdon Varget powder—a popular and proven choice for precision loaded .308 ammunition. Other powder options may be offered in the future.
p89637100-3.jpg

CHOOSE POWDER WEIGHT: The amount of powder measured in grain weight determines the velocity of your projectile. Variations in the powder charge affect accuracy. SAAMI specifications set limits on powder charges. Keep in mind, more or faster isn’t always better.
p51783898-4.jpg

CHOOSE CARTRIDGE OVERALL LENGTH: Overall length can greatly affect accuracy and is primarily determined by the seating depth of the projectile. The throat of the barrel (the distance between the end of the chamber and the beginning of the rifling) is one factor in determining seating depth. Over time the throat of any rifle will experience wear. Decreasing seating depth which results in the bullet being closer to the lands of the rifling, even by as little as a few thousandths, can sometimes extend the life of a barrel as it wears.
p521742795-4.jpg

p867264194-4.jpg

p575057252-4.jpg

p1049119583-4.jpg

p754652766-4.jpg

p821998073-4.jpg

p582036461-4.jpg

p772576278-4.jpg

p1016635526-4.jpg

p198725416-4.jpg

REVIEW
I had my Setpoint Ammo made to specifically for my Remington 700 AAC-SD (EGW base, EGW rings, KRG bolt handle, Choate Tactical stock, CDI Precision Bottom Metal, AICS magazines, Harris BRM-S, Smith Enterprises Vortex flash eliminator). I have spent a good amount of money on making my Remington 700 as accurate as possible so I did not want to skip out when it came to ammo. I really wanted to hand load my own rounds but given my current job (Veterinarian at Cornell University) I simply did and do not have the time. I happened to come across Setpoint Ammo and instantly knew that this service was exactly what I was looking for.

Ordering was very easy to do with their website as seen by the above images. You simply click the options you want and in seconds you have designed ammo that is custom tailored to your needs. A few days later two boxes arrived ready to be fed through my Remington 700. The real test for me was whether or not Setpoint Ammo met my expectations at the range where it mattered most. After throwing a few clips of Setpoint Ammo down range I had no doubt in my mind that this ammo combined with my Remington 700 made for quite the tack driver. Needless to say I will be stocking up on more boxes of rounds from Setpoint Ammo. Anyone looking to get the most out of their rifle but don't have the time or ability to hand load your ammo; look no further than Setpoint Ammo!!!

Back