• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Cleaning Routine

TNSAF

.22LR
I've used the search function to try and gain some perspective on how to go about cleaning my new pistol grip 590A1, but realized there wasn't a thread on the step-by-step routine different guys go through when cleaning their gun. I'm kind of a newb when it comes to this.

What are the steps (1,2,3,4,5,etc.) that you go through when cleaning your shotgun?
Favorite gun oil?
Favorite CLP?
Who uses a boresnake?
Anyone ever used Gunzilla? I saw it at a gun show in Michigan but haven't ever used it.

Right on guys, thanks!

When I use CLP it is the Canadian military version. I can never find a commercially available version in stock at stores.

When this happens, I use hoppes no. 9

Cleaning a shotgun is like cleaning anything... Clean s*** till all the nasty stuff is gone.

I bought an Otis cleaning system, which I use for the bore. The action parts usually get soaked in CLP or hoppes while I clean the bore. Then are wiped with rags and re-assembled with a light film of CLP

Back