• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun Stippling

Part 3

Here is the last one before it went back on the shotgun. Satisfied with it, but not AS thrilled as I was with the outcome of the grip on the stock.
View attachment 11150
AND the final product!
View attachment 11152
View attachment 11153
View attachment 11154
Now all that is left is an 18.5inch barrel for HD and she'll be multi-role ready!
View attachment 11155

And because I was asking around on multiple sites what to use to do the stipple work, a picture of my woodburning kit that I purchased at Michaels Arts and Crafts store. The actual iron can be seen in a previous photo. Below, the tip that was used as well as the temperature control. This tip gave me a point that wasn't too fine, and yet in a way would prevent me from going too deep.
View attachment 11156
I was EXTREMELY picky when it came to a iron. Had to come with multiple tips, and ESPECIALLY a temperature control. Again I found this whole kit at Michaels and it didn't run me over 30 dollars. Well ok I lied, I bought even more extra tips, but without those you can walk out with a great iron under 30! You probably have noticed I have two marks on my temp dial. The first one was one that simply would heat polymer enough to rough it up (You'll see in my bonus pic!) and the very faint pencil mark is actually the UPPER limit for use on my synthetic stock. I using my infrared temp gun and the start of the gold arch was at 175˚-190˚ and the pencil line just about 215˚.
View attachment 11157

Bonus picture!

Used the pen mark on my Temp control to scuff up the factory "grip" on my Glock 23

View attachment 11158

Hope you guys enjoyed

Nice work Doc!!! I kept the factory pattern and worked off of it... I'll upload my pics tomorrow

Back