• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

should i buy 16 inch or 18 inch barrel?

mattruthluke

Copper BB
Hello. I was wondering what the difference is between 16 and 18 inch barrels for the mossberg 715t .22? should i expect to be able to shoot further distances? is it lighter? any other differences?

For the shooting distences involved with a .22lr I doubt you will notice any difference between the 16" or the 18" barrel.

But, I have no personel experience with this model, just basing my answer on what I know of larger rifles.

I know this is a couple weeks old now, but I think the reason they made the 18" barrel is to adhere to laws concerning barrel or overall length and doesn't really have a noticeable effect on the shot. Here in Canada, for instance, this gun needs a barrel length no shorter than 18" to be considered a non-restricted weapon; any shorter and it's a restricted firearm and you need a separate classification on your firearms license and you need an authorization to transport (ATT) to even leave your house with it (and those are only given to either leave the store and go directly to your house, or to go to-and-from your house and an approved facility).
If this gun was a restricted weapon, I wouldn't have bought it. :)

Regards,
~DarthJim

DarthJim said:
I know this is a couple weeks old now, but I think the reason they made the 18" barrel is to adhere to laws concerning barrel or overall length and doesn't really have a noticeable effect on the shot. Here in Canada, for instance, this gun needs a barrel length no shorter than 18" to be considered a non-restricted weapon; any shorter and it's a restricted firearm and you need a separate classification on your firearms license and you need an authorization to transport (ATT) to even leave your house with it (and those are only given to either leave the store and go directly to your house, or to go to-and-from your house and an approved facility).
If this gun was a restricted weapon, I wouldn't have bought it. :)

Regards,
~DarthJim

Jesus Mary and Joseph!

Thank God for 2A! People we really got to defend it or we could end up like Canada.

:lol:

Rootbrain

Back