• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

Re: Got SIG?

I got a chance to fire my Pop's P226 this afternoon. My first time behind a SIG. Man, what,a sweet shooter! I can't wait to get my P220...

6258778662_1781ced068_z.jpg
Here is my Sig P250 subcompact on a compact frame

Sig Sauer P229

So one of my paramedics at my fire dept is offering to sell me his Sig Sauer P229 chambered in .40 S&W for $600, complete with two extra mags and a holster. (I'm trying to get him to go down to $550)

I've been looking to pick up a semi-auto handgun for sometime and this one fits the bill, especially since I can convert it to 9mm or .357 SIG. The reviews of the P229 are overwhelmingly positive, and we're looking to schedule some time to go put some rounds through her so I can get an idea of how she handles.

Thoughts?

It's listed at $995 brand new, and he is the original owner.

Re: Sig Sauer P229

Sounds like a great deal...!!

Sigs are some of the finest firearms made...and accurate as hell, right outta the box !!

Assuming the pistol is in good order, the price looks like a steal. Used models go for upwards of $750 around here.

Sounds like good stuff guys. This particular medic is very trustworthy and claims this P229 was babied and saw only light use compared to his other P229 which he carries at work. I think I'm gonna go for it when he comes back from vacation.

Very nice!

Be sure to post up some pics when you get it.

BTW- For continuity, I'm gonna roll this thread into the existing SIG thread.

COFirefighter said:
Sounds like good stuff guys. This particular medic is very trustworthy and claims this P229 was babied and saw only light use compared to his other P229 which he carries at work. I think I'm gonna go for it when he comes back from vacation.

Not saying it's not a great deal. Plus there is the added comfort of seeing before buying. But Sig has CPO (certified pre-owned) guns for around the same price. Might want to check those out before he comes back, in case there's something you'd like more than a 229. They have all kinds of carry models, from 220s to 229s. Some "Combat" versions if you dig the whole "dark earth" thing. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you could "shop" for your favorite sig, including size, and caliber for about the same price. I'm sorely tempted by a 220 locally for $630. They have a Carry too for a little more.

I walked in to my LGS to have my first SIG ordered last year and that's when the SCAR 16s jumped off the wall and into my arms. Alas no SIG in my life yet, but there's a P220 Elite Stainless in my future...

This photo keeps me awake at night...

Sig Full Size 1911 featured at SHOT

This was featured by FaliaPhotography from SHOT. Its whats called an "oil rubbed bronze" finish and is engraved... well, you'll see it. Its pretty sweet lookin!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28gX6phmZsw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Re: Sig Full Size 1911 featured at SHOT

Nice looking 1911...

Re: Sig Full Size 1911 featured at SHOT

Did you guys see the price tag? $1300 +!!! It looks really sweet for sure, but for me, its just eye candy! ;)

Sig P250F 9mm. My HD pistol.
DSC01020.jpg

Sig P250C .45 acp. My cooler weather EDC when I am home.
DSC00938.jpg

Sig P250SC 9mm. This is the newest addition and is probably what I will carry during the summer.
DSC00826.jpg

some nice lookin sigs here! i was fondling a sig 1911 yesterday at the LGS...that thing was super nice...if my AR was done i probably woulda put some $$ down on layaway for it

Thanks, I have heard alot of good things about the Sig 1911s. It, like most of the quality 1911s, is out of my price range though. :cry:

Back