• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sight picture

BowerR64

.270 WIN
I like to shoot at 6:00 meaning i like to put the tip of my front sight at 6:00 to the target. First day out i was shooting way low at 25 yards. I used a bore sight laser to set it up but i figured it was a little low anyway. I filed some off even and it was still way low.

I took a little more off but i also pointed it a little. I also order a pin style true glow off e-bay that will go on next for now this is my sight picture.

The handle version like mine has no front adjustment only the rear for hight and windage and the front is still to tall even adjust all the way up.

Sightpicture_zps70125538.jpg

Here is the new post (photo shopped in) when i get it it should look something like this.

Sightpicture2_zps9ee6d54b.jpg

Its a little different then i though but it still looks nice i think. Cant wait till tomorrow to shoot it again.

newsightpicture_zps2c342a80.jpg

I cut off the stock sight, drilled a hole and attached it from the bottom. Then the plastic wire needs light to glow so i folded the rest of the clear yellow wire down over the front of the sight so it can catch light and glot the little yellow dot.

It shot pretty good, not as good as my squire binghum with a scope but for iron sights at 50 yards i dont think it was that bad.

715Tironsights_zpsf9b80e7c.jpg

This is a squire bingum old .22 my dad gave me i put a $10. scope on it from walmart i shot today also. Same distance
Squireafterrecrown_zpsc5cdfe17.jpg

This is the second part of my fiber sights. I finally figured out a way to hold the fiber rod glow thing to the frame of the gun.

Used a little linkage arm from extra helicopter parts i had laying around. Drilled a little hole and then mounted it to the front of the sight mount. This way i can still take the frame apart and put it back

Mossberg715Tfibersight_zps6a5b2adb.jpg

Back