• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Since the NY Gun Ban Enacted....

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
7 documented home invasions by 3 or more criminals as of today on Long Island where I live.

One fatality of a 21 yr old victim which occurred last night.

If it only saves one life???

We just lost a good guy Gov. Cuomo.

I am not specifically blaming law enforcement because I know they are not super human mind readers that can tell the future and what people are going to do, but it is more reason for people to realize that the police can not protect you, and almost always show up after the fact.

21 years old.

What a shame. He had his whole life ahead of him.

There comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin'
caps; and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from
being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people; I carry a gun because
sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid; I carry a gun
because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I
know there is evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a
gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I
don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for
failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a
gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not
on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun
because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones
they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun
because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I
love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect
themselves, because police do not protect you from crime, they
just investigate the crime after it happens and then call
someone in to clean up the mess.

John A. said:
Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect
themselves, because police do not protect you from crime, they
just investigate the crime after it happens and then call
someone in to clean up the mess.

+1

The Supreme Court defined that...they are not required to provide protection to the individual. Or more importantly, the individual has no right to nor should they expect police protection.

I was talking with my wife's Aunt from California, I am a home grown from there when it was orchards and Silicone valley was the Orchard capital of the world.
Well I moved up here ( Oregon ) seventeen years ago finally. When her aunt came up we were discussing some things. She knew I was a CC person but did not know my wife was. And this started the conversation.

Her Aunt said the SF Bay Area ( where Finestien lives) has a higher person to person crime then L.A. .
In the last ten years gangs and felons have moved into the bay area for the sole reason it is easy pickings. You cannot open carry there and you have to know some one to get a concealed.
There are muggings daily where she lives in the suburbs, where only the city once had such crime.
Where I once lived, the police and city are now bankrupt and a sleepy water front town has turned to a place where drive byes are not even in the paper anymore.

She fears for her life, and is 62 years old this fear is because she can not carry and only criminals do.
She hates guns, but knows they are needed. I live in state now where we can can get a CC pretty easily and open carry is legal. Our person to person crime is low. The vermin here are burglaries, and shadow crimes. No one confronts people here unless you are insane. On my block alone everyone is armed and most of my family here carries. We are not exempt from crime the only high crime area are Salem and Portland and Medford because they have begun gun control.

I wonder. why when the evidence is so clear that everywhere you take away guns person to person goes up? And people just look the other way.

The other sad thing is if you are robbed at gun point, it is not a gun crime it is a mugging
because no one shot anyone it is not reported as criminals with guns. The reporting system
in the USA is broken to where stats are so far off it is not funny. In 1970's California a gun crime was a crime when ever a gun was used. The jails started filling up so now across the nation the
crimes are not classified as gun crimes but person to person crimes. Biden, and Obama have no idea
the stats are wrong and have been so for over 20 years. The stats will never show criminals taking a wallets at gun point with no resistance there is no shooting. With no shooting police report it as a person to person not a gun crime and this is messed yup. and People in NY are subject to this same insanity . :shock:

SW

Water Monkey said:
If it only saves one life???

We just lost a good guy Gov. Cuomo.

I really wish when they report stats of gun violence they broke it down as to whether the "victim" is a good guy or someone that died while committing a crime.

I guess in my mind we should really be looking at the difference between innocent victime vs. the not so innocent. If you pick up a gun or a knife with the intent to commit a crime, or even if you intend to commit a crime without a weapon, as far as I'm concerned you have just signed the waiver that says you accept that you might be hurt or killed during this exercise.

The woman that gets raped and/or killed, the guy walking down the street that gets mugged and/or killed, etc, did not make that same concious decision. Personally I feel that is a big part of the equation. How may "victims" of gun violence are truly innocent? How many of the children killed every year were gang bangers or in the act of committing crimes themselves?

It may seem cold or whatever but that's what runs through my mind when they start talking about these stats.

Salted Weapon said:
I am a home grown from there when it was orchards and Silicone valley was the Orchard capital of the world.

Especially sad for you then, you remember when California was arguably the freest, most cutting edge state in the union. The gang bangers and the foothold they were allowed to gain were the beginnings of the unraveling of California. It is where all the eff’ed up rules started, soon after the bloods and crips gained a foothold, the over the top libs gained theirs. I have nothing against a lib but it can be taken to far, just like a conservative can

Back