• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sizing 10mm brass

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Hey everyone especially Dave,

is there a standalone die that resizes 10mm brass better than the sizing die that comes with the 3 die sets?

I am considering getting a barrel but am under the impression that the Glock barrel stretches the brass so much that it won’t reliably chamber in an aftermarket barrel like the KKM or Storm Lake……??

Thanks for the input

Hi, Bill~

My first thought is a Lee Small Base sizing die. It's carbide and gets down further to the case rim and is also a tiny bit more undersized to squeeze any bulge out. Some aftermarket chambers are pretty tight and this supposedly takes care of that issue.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/687452 ... 40-s-and-w

Lee makes a specialty small base die for another company as well. Here's an informative thread from brianenos.com

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.p ... pic=154868

Hope this helps!!! Take care my bud.

Yes, a limited amount. As a push-thru it works well and really fast. Spray some case lube on a bunch of brass and go at it, one every five seconds!

But what the Bulge Buster base die doesn't accomplish is depriming and resizing and truing/rounding the case mouth inside diameter via the expander ball on a small base carbide sizing die. So you in effect add an extra step. Actually two or possibly three extra steps...

Lube cases, push thru the bulge buster, re-tumble to get case lube off.

You then still have to run them thru a small base carbide sizing die.

But it works for what it's designed to do!

ahhh I see......I like your suggestion better thanks.....still on the fence on the entire thing but I keep thinking about it

Of course why bother unless you have problems. And besides, you can ask the barrel manufacturer to make the chamber slightly larger than minimum dimensions before they ship it!

what I need to do is get a done up long slide 20 and leave my 29 like it is.......

But if you shoot it toward the East you'll slow down the Earths rotation and we'll all just float away.....

Sorry to get off topic for a second Oli... but how do you like the 10mm? I've been thinking about a G20 for a do-it-all protection... it would certainly work against most animals I think, and if the first one doesn't stop it... the next 15 will :D

nitesite said:
But if you shoot it toward the East you'll slow down the Earths rotation and we'll all just float away.....

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

It's true!

Also, you need make sure that any bystanders are clear in at LEAST a 180 degree radius behind the muzzle before you fire. Otherwise they may get sucked into the black hole as the bullet's rotation begins to distort the space-time continuum...

aksavanaman said:
Sorry to get off topic for a second Oli... but how do you like the 10mm? I've been thinking about a G20 for a do-it-all protection... it would certainly work against most animals I think, and if the first one doesn't stop it... the next 15 will :D

I rocks ballz, and its such a jack of all trades......guys with 6 inch barrels are killing deer and I actually sew a video of a guy killing a rag horn elk.....I think its fun to shoot, I personally cant get groups good enough to hunt beyond 20 yards with it, if I could shoot it as good as my CZ I would kill deer at 75 yards rested. I want an extended barrel to get some velocity gains and maybe better accuracy , doubt it though. I actually moved my sights and am shooting it better , I just want a tighter tolerance barrel.

The key is to not buy a 10 and then buy regular off the shelf ammo unless its Double Tap or Underwood and such that actually load to a good 10mm spec.....

Then there is the lead through poly rifled barrel, some say its fine but more say its not......I never tried any yet but I want to try some 220 gr Double Tap or Buffalo Bore and dare a creature to cross my path lol

Saw a huge cougar today.....chasing lightning fires since 2 this morning......be nice to have a pistol in cat country.....I am going to bed, supposed to get more lightning tomorrow and Southern Oregon is already on fire with several big fires.......we successfully initial attacked 22 fires today, I am going to bed

Hope you're sleeping well my friend... we'll see if I can find a good deal on a G20.. I know they have their Blue Label program and I'll need to look into it. But I'm also thinking about a 1911... .45 would be easier to come by than 10mm, but of course less effective on 4 legged creatures :D

sleeping good. just needs to be longer lol

1911 would be cool too....a 10mm auto has more velocity and energy at 100 yards than a 45acp has at the muzzle. Not much of an issue when defending yourself from a mugger are a terrorist, I even hear of some brave souls hunting with 45's but in the woods I'll take the 10mm in an auto loader.
If I lived on Kodiak Island I would go with a fat wheel gun.....probably a 454 Casull in a Ruger

Back