• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling For Synthetic Stock

Bill Gius

Copper BB
I'd like to add a sling swivel stud in the butt stock of my 20ga 88. I looked around the "Slings" area of the owners site but didn't see a current comment on it. Is there a way and location to drill and screw in the stud for synthetic stocks?

I added a sling to a couple small, synthetic stock .22s. I found some help on youtube. It is pretty straight forward: mark and drill a hole, install the studs. If the stock is hollow, you should use some type of epoxy to ensure a good connection to the stock. Of course, once you do that you may not be able to take the studs back out.

There is actually quite a few youtube videos on the 88. Can't vouch for their correctness, though.

Thanks, I'll look around for those videos. The epoxy is a good idea. Once it's in, I'd leave it with the sling on anyway. I've added slings to my two 500's with wood stocks and my 835, with the synthetic stock, came with a swivel in the butt stock.

Mike: good option too. Didn't think of a QD. I put on on my wife's AR a couple years ago. She likes it but never uses the "quick disconnect" option. She's a south-paw and I added the left side QD for her.

Back