• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

snakes

I can tell you what I would call them after I ran upon them.

Dead ones.

I hate snakes more than Indiana Jones.

But from looking at the shape of their heads, I'm voting for corn snake. They have a lot of different color palettes, which do often resemble copperhead colors, but the shape of their head is more pointy than a copperhead.

corn snake:
800px-Anerycorn.JPG

A copperhead head is shaped more like an arrowhead.

Snakes_0_1285990_ver1.0.jpg

I say corn snake....i had a couple in lawn last year and years past. Looks just like em.
Corn snake also likes to mimic a rattler, so its rattles it tail...

Corn snakes are good snakes. Good for a pet too. See if a pet store wants to buy em from ya next time...

Thanks for the link water monkey this was the second paragraph, and I came across these snakes on the river bank.

The water snake is found in and around almost any water body or wetland in NY state. As an adult, it is a stout animal typically dark brown to black with lighter-colored bands and splotches along its length. This is most pronounced in young individuals (adults may appear solid black). It is the only large (up to 42 inches) water snake in our range. This species is frequently called or mistaken for a cottonmouth (water moccasin); this latter species is a large venomous snake that does not occur within our state borders. This confusion is understandable as our water snake is certainly an aggressive species with a nasty disposition and it does bear a superficial resemblance to the cottonmouth.

Chooot Em!!!! LOL

I appreciate their role in nature and respect them but I'm not a fan of snakes.

We get those too. Water snakes, which we've mistaken here for cotton mouth. They even wind up to strike but the head shape is different.

Back