• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

So What Do Want For Your Birthday, Honey?........

So I asked my dear spouse who is having a birthday next month. And she surprised me by not asking for a some designer jewelry, but replied "How about a 1911 style 45!!" Replied to her "That can be arranged!" So I did some research on compact 1911's, mostly looking at Sigs, Colts and Rugers, Brownings S&W's and Paras. And this is what I finally came up with -

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ultra-carry-ii/ultra-carry-ii

I figured the compact Ultra II with the 3" barrel would be a better choice for her to purse carry than a full size, even though it has a little more bite. She shot my buddy's Sig 1911 a short time ago and just had to have one. She also likes his full size 44 magnum, and handles it with no problem.......geez, I hope that's not next! :eek:
Keep in mind I already got her Sig 938 for purse carry and a Ruger LCR 357 she keeps in the kitchen. She got bored with the 357, and suggested I rotate it for EDC with my Shield 40.

Now there is a woman after my own heart........and she's a gourmet cook to boot!.......and maybe soon enough she'll get bored with the new Kimber that is on its way!! :cool:

That's awesome!

Looks like she's a keeper for sure. I've carried an Ultra CDP II for several years and it's been great. Solid shooter and has been very reliable. My only complaint is that their carbon steel barrels will rust on you in a heartbeat. First time I cleaned it I touched the top of the barrel/chamber at the breech during reassembly and when I pulled it out of the safe a few days later there was a perfect thumb print rusted into the barrel. I'm extra careful when I reassemble it now and it hasn't happened since. Be sure to post up some pics once it arrives...

Very nice birthday present. Sounds like a Great lady and knows her guns.:)

Happy Birthday MRS. ocinsomniac !

That's awesome!

My only complaint is that their carbon steel barrels will rust on you in a heartbeat. First time I cleaned it I touched the top of the barrel/chamber at the breech during reassembly and when I pulled it out of the safe a few days later there was a perfect thumb print rusted into the barrel. I'm extra careful when I reassemble it now and it hasn't happened since.

I thought, of that, too LES, but the way I over zealously Frog Lube all my weapons after each range session, and when they have been sitting inactively for a long time, I don't anticipate that I'll have that problem. I'm sure you've seen the results of Frog Lube and other CLP's on this extended corrosion resistance test -

http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667

Took her to an indoor range yesterday that sells guns (but prices are way high) and they had the Kimber Ultra Carry II model that I ordered for her. After seeing some of the higher end Kimbers in the showcase she asks......"Can we put a set of night sights on it or even a Crimson Trace laser down the road?" Replied "Why of course, dear!!" ;)

Back