• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sons new .243

I bought my stepson this same rifle combo from Academy Sports Saturday. We went out today & zeroed it & his best friends Savage Axis .308 Win. No comparison between the two rifles. The action & especially trigger on the ATR beats the Savage hands down. While the supplied scope is no Leupold or Swarovski, it is incredibly clear & precise for a package costing $313 out the door! I am tickled w/ it. Once we finally got it on paper at 50 yds, got consistent groups just under an inch w/ 90 & 100 gr bullets. I am convinced Mossberg is the best kept secret in the market. Have been equally impressed w/ a 930 JM Pro shotgun I've been running in 3 gun competition this year too. Get em while you can. Once the word gets out how solid these guns are, prices are bound to escalate!Now if Mossberg would just make an MVP in 7.62X39.

MVP in 7.62x39? Sounds like a good pig/deer rifle to me. If I didn't have an '06 already, I'd go for an MVP in 7mm-08 or 6.5 Creedmoor (I'd rather have the 6.5, but the 7-08 would sell better due to ammo availability).

I agree the ATR is a great value. Of course I like Browning x bolts, Howa 1500s, Sakos and Tikkas more than the ATR, but their prices don't make it a fair comparison. The ATR compared to an Axis or Remington 770 is no contest, ATR is easily better. Even compared to a Savage 110 or Remy 700, the ATR isn't lacking much, and for half the price.

I know Photos, still trying to sort that out. Have just worked over a ATR in .270, wood stock and tidied up the trigger. Apart from the folded metal safety and bolt release which still betray it's price point, it could easy be mistaken for a far more pricy rifle and sits in the case besides a Sako with no shame. Even in it's just returned state and using some load test ammo I was getting overlapping holes. Far better shooting than its out of box configuration.

Back