• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock for 500 in Desert Camo

Arizona

Copper BB
Hi, my 1st post, I joined because I have the Mossberg 500 JIC in Desert Camo. It is a really cool shotgun with the pistol grip. I want to add the fixed stock in Desert Camo and Mossberg doesn't sell them and claims they don't even have the pattern. Any help in finding one? I don't want to buy a black one and try painting it.

never have seen one that wasn't painted by someone......I think there are solid color stocks that might look ok

Mossberg did make a 500 in the same pattern with a full lenght camo stock, but I have yet to see the pattern on any replacement parts from them or in an aftermarket stock. You could check Gunbroker, etc. on the chance that someone removed theirs and is trying to sell it. You might also look into ATI's Akita adjustable stock. If a solid color is an option for you, then their desert tan would likely match pretty well...

http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-314-akita ... t-tan.aspx

...and welcome aboard!

We're glad to have you! Take some time to look around the site and make yourself at home. We love lookin at each other's guns, so be sure to post up some pictures of your camo JIC. If I'm not mistaken, you'll be the first member here who has posted one. Check out our 'Other Weapons' sub-forums and post up some pics and info on any other firearms you own as well. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I have not seen where you can purchase a full length Mossberg stock in desert camo but some other options you can try are "hydrodipping" the stock of your choice, buying a solid tan stock such as the ATI unit listed above or a even a Hogue stock set in desert tan, or unfortunately attempting to paint one to match.

Yes Sir,

Glad to help. ATI is definitely the go-to place for many of us here. They've got a ton of great products with fast shipping and excellent customer service. Be sure to post up some pics if you end up grabbing one of their stocks.

Arizona! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

The JIC in camo is sweet, and unfortunately I cant add any info that hasnt already been mentioned...

I will however agree that either the ATI or Hogue could work nicely for you, the tan should match up nicely and either can be finished to match. I'll error to the side of the ATI here on the basis they can do the finish for you!

Welcome aboard Arizona!

Back