• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Streamlight polytac, cheap or garbage?

Larry23433

.270 WIN
Looking at lights but don't wanna go insane because I'll practically never use it but still want a reliable light for when I need it. Don't need some crazy high powered light either, just enough to light up a hallway in my home. The polytac is around $60.... anyone have experience or opinions on it? Or other options that won't break the bank but work in an emergency?

The absolute most I wanna spend is around $150 or am I dreaming thinking I'll get a reliable light for cheap?

I have dive lights and always use Pelican, I trust those lights with my life (literally) but they don't offer any dedicated weapon lights as far as I know. My edc light is also a pelican. They are plastic but just always work. This is why I was looking at the polytac, it's a plastic light but very simple design with very little to fail, corrode, or break.

You guys are have been awesome so far so... let's here some opinions.

I should mention it needs to either have a integrated pic rail mount or be a 1" diameter tube so I can use a scope ring.

Apex, I'd recommend a TLR-1 HL. Absolute quality, rail mounted and operate with your thumb. I have a couple of them - one on my shockwave and another on a pistol.

OpticsPlanet typically has a 10% off coupon if you click on it. They are around $150 so around your stated limit.

Olight has some cheaper ones but I can't attest to their quality. Maybe others can chime in.

Regards

Back