• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

T + 1 min

A billion dollars in aid.

People here are doing well just to keep their electricity on and food on the table and they want to give them a billion dollars.
swearing-rage-smiley-emoticon.gif

Once again, their actions speak volumes about their priorities.

The problem with bribing politicians (ours or other countries) is that they don't stay bribed. :mad:

True but I think it goes beyond that. We are now living in a global economy. The Gov is doing what must be done top protect the assets and investments of these individuals (i.e. politicians and the ultra rich). That is whats wrong right now. The needs of the few at the top are dictating politic/policies much more than the needs of the many. We are no longer making policy that is in the best interest of the country, we are basing policies based on making sure those at the top continue to profit in the global market.

Obama talks a good show about being for the people and making things better for the under privileged but look at what he has done and policies he has put in to place and he is just as much of a b***** to big business as any of the rest that he demonizes.

It always comes down to economics, always!!!

Mike you are correct.

If you follow the timeline Putin worked this out in his favor.

Disarm Ukraine of nuclear weapons
Stall the missile defense system in east Europe

Make Europe dependent on your energy production.

The guy is a pos but ha played the game well.

Here we go...let's ramp the tension up some more...

http://benswann.com/breaking-u-s-military-sends-fighter-jets-to-assist-nato-on-ukraine/

WASHINGTON, D.C., March 5, 2014– Today Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel alluded to ensuing American intervention after Russia’s Putin moved to occupy regions of Ukraine last week.

Defense officials confirmed that the U.S. will send six F-15s and one KC-135 to “augment the mission” in Baltic countries.

Putin will send in more MiGs...we will send more planes and a couple warships...etc.

This oil giant could get crushed by Ukraine
Once known as the "Breadbasket of Russia", Ukraine is now also Russia's fuel tank. And, one American company has 10 billion reasons to hope nothing goes wrong.
Ukraine sits on 39 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves. That's about one-quarter the world's entire proven reserves. One company that has bet big on Ukraine's natural gas is US-based Chevron.

Back in November 2013, the company signed a 50-year deal with Ukraine's ousted president Viktor Yanukovich. The deal involved developing the Olesska shale gas field with $350 million to $400 million spent on exploratory drilling. The total investment would then go up to $10 billion. Ukraine's then-Energy Minster Stavytsky estimated that as much as 353 billion cubic feet of natural gas could be extracted every year. That translates to roughly $1.7 billion in revenues per year on the upper end given current natural gas prices.

I'll say it again, it's always about economics.

And the beat goes on. Russia blocked a passage by sinking one of their old junkers, the US sends a destroyer into the Black Sea, and a squadron or 2 of F-16's, F-15's, and a couple tankers move to bases in strike range. http://www.foxnews.com/

And some diplomatic moves and sanctions were put in place.

Reminds me of those films you see of gorillas throwing caca and beating their chests. :rolleyes:

if they get it on with Russia they better not jerk off about it and unleash hell instead of making the solders shoot bullets loaded with politics
I have some awesome vets from the desert working for me and they all pretty much agree that politics pour out the end of the gun in the middle east and it real hard to have a decisive victory fighting with one arm tied behind you back.
They better not pull punches with Russia, they actually know how to use the sights on their rifles, heel most the guys tell me about half the AK's in Iraq didn't even have sights

^^^ We have had no modern war that wasn't run by politics...well, maybe the first Gulf War where the Generals go to make most of the decisions. We forget too fast the politics and fighting do not make good bed partners...

As much as I hate to quote Clausewitz here, it's probably the most referenced quote on the subject: "War is politics by other means". War is politics. It's run by heads of state, who are political. The military is just an instrument to achieve those political ends. Unfortunately, the instrument is not always wielded by those who have the greatest skill.

House approved 1 b loan. In less than a week. Funny how long did it take to approve the hurricane sandy relief package for the east coast?

As much as I hate to quote Clausewitz here, it's probably the most referenced quote on the subject: "War is politics by other means". War is politics. It's run by heads of state, who are political. The military is just an instrument to achieve those political ends. Unfortunately, the instrument is not always wielded by those who have the greatest skill.

Sun Tzu also had some things to say about that

There are three ways the ruler can bring difficulty to the army:

To order an advance when not realizing the army is in no position to advance, or to order a withdrawal when not realizing the army is in no position to withdraw.

This is called entangling the army.

By not knowing the army's matters, and administering the army the same as administering civil matters, the officers and troops will be confused.

By not knowing the army's calculations, and taking command of the army, the officers and troops will be hesitant.

When the army is confused and hesitant, the neighboring rulers will take advantage.

This is called a confused and hesitant army leading another to victory.

As did Patton: "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.", and many others.

Sun Tzu also had some things to say about that

As did Patton: "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.", and many others.
Truth to all. The military is ready and willing to do what is asked of them (within their capabilities) but there is required some sound, solid political guidance to execute as such.

Back