• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

TAG - Shot Shell Rack (Multicam)

Itsricmo

.30-06
Well I had ordered the Tactical Assault Gear (TAG) Shot Shell Rack last week as a birthday gift from my Fiance.. weird how that works out, huh? :) I was hesitant making an order from them after a "Black Friday Debacle" that left hundreds of customers absolutely fired off at them and me filing a dispute with the Better Business Bureau of PA and CA... However, I needed to get a nice piece for my Shotgun Operator Rig and everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?

Here are a few photos and then onto my mini review! :D

photo_1-5_zpsa76e8c33.jpg

photo_2-5_zps2c4804fa.jpg

photo_4-5_zps634a72e7.jpg

photo_5-2_zps60bbb431.jpg

photo_3-5_zps7d87a910.jpg

Here is the Rack on my Condor MCR4 (Mini Review will Follow the TAG Rack)
5e005895-af60-47ac-9a1b-6f266b27cb51_zps5a392048.jpg

Also, the Condor Shotshell Reloading Pouch (Mini Review with the MCR4)
photo_31-1_zpsf1c92980.jpg

photo_41_zps350b45df.jpg

TAG Shot Shell Rack Review

Initial Impression -

I was extremely impressed with the quality, craftsmanship and overall design of this piece. Reviews of this item are next to none... Literally, I couldn't find much of anything useful! I purchased this gear blind and didn't know what to expect. The 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon is AWESOME! Stitching is also a perfect 10 which surprised me because I have seen some pretty high dollar gear with horrible stitching.

Fitting it onto the Rig was a task. It isn't the traditional MOLLE with snap buckles. Some crazy design "FAST Mount" or what not... I wish I would have thought about getting a photo before mounting but it is too late and I am not removing it. :lol: It took some serious effort to get on but that in-turn only means it is going to take some serious effort to remove, right?? :D (I like to think so)

The size of the rack is actually perfect for me! I was hoping it would leave enough room on the sides so I could mount a 3pk pistol mag pouch and medical pouch but I can actually mount 2 Condor shotgun reload pouches, 1 on each side, with it. I will purchase their (condor's) new Hydro harness (when it is released) and mount the med-pak to that. As for the pistol mags I will put on a drop leg in the future.

With the TAG Rack and 2 Condor Pouches I can carry roughly 68 rounds of 12ga!! Pretty sweet I think and currently it isn't at all heavy. (66 is the actual number, as the Condor pouch only fits 24 instead of 25 rounds)

Overall I am totally happy with my purchase from TAG, thoroughly impressed with their products quality, will consider them in my future purchases and recommend them to other buyers.

Condor MCR4 Review

The Condor MCR4 was a Christmas Gift, as some of you may recall. It was on top of my list because I REALLY wanted to start my own rig with something small and build my way up to a Plate Carrier with plates! (With Plates? Shocking isn't it!!) I also wanted something in Multicam.. probably the best camo ever! :lol: Yes A-tacs is pretty freaking awesome too but it doesn't fit my current environmental surroundings.

Plenty of room as you can see above, to mount dang near anything you would need. The "MCR4" stands for Modular Chest Rig (Model) 4... I know it is meant to be warn on your chest but I feel it much, MUCH more comfortable around my waist!! That might change once I put 2l of water on my back + some medical supplies and a little bit more ammunition lol

The stitching is not up there with what I got from TAG. Obviously, Condor is not the top of the line or greatest of gear but it is decent quality for a guy on a budget. The type of nylon they use is maybe 300 or 500 Denier Cordura Nylon as I have popped some seams and caused a tiny rip in fabric easily with the mounting process of the TAG Rack... So that is a little punch in the gut.. but for $30 can you really complain? :lol: No big deal.. hope to get a Banshee in OD/Ranger Green or Multicam soon. Hopefully before Obama re-elects himself again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Overall, I was impressed with what $30 got me... Pleased with the amount of real-estate available on the rig and think it will withstand normal abuse that would be caused by a potential Bug-out situation.

Condor Shotgun Reload Pouch

This is a little more impressive then the MCR4, by terms of quality. The Nylon used seems more along the quality of 1000 Denier and is stiffer, good for a pouch of this type IMHO. Stitching isn't a 10 but more of an 8.75. Some loose seams and crooked stitches but nothing that would hinder the function or lower the quality of the pouch overall.

The pouch is said to hold 25 rounds and I am calling "Bullshit"... will it hold them? Yes... but not ideally. The 25th round is secured through a loop inbetween the bottom row and the one above it... just didn't float my boat lol.. Minor problem but I think they should just leave the extra loop out... I mean you can't divide 25 by 6 or 8 evenly to count how many full reloads someone could get... 24 is much better. With this pouch I can now get 3 full reloads into my shotgun. Adding another pouch and my TAG Rack, I get a total of 8 reloads and 2 shells left over!! That is plenty of ammo for me right now haha

Folds up nice and neat, properly distributes weight for it's size and does what I need it too!

Hope you enjoy!!!
Rick

Itsricmo said:
lol did you read the review, Mossy??

Thanks for the, as always, Epic Photo! :D
....oh chit,,,,,,

edit,,,,lol

Attachments

• oh-crap-1024x938.jpg
    oh-crap-1024x938.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 346
Itsricmo said:
lol did you read the review, Mossy??

Thanks for the, as always, Epic Photo! :D

i clicked before the review went up.lol

I figured that some people would see it before the review got posted lol I was just jerking your chain!! :lol:

I like it, looks sweet! I too really like multicam! ATtacs is sweet, but it wouldn't work here either.

Side note, I tried to paint my all black gear to work with multicam. Its ok, but dude, yours looks way better!

Nice work man!

Itsricmo said:
I figured that some people would see it before the review got posted lol I was just jerking your chain!! :lol:

LOL

Attachments

• learn_from_mistakes.jpg
    learn_from_mistakes.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 335
Rossignol said:
I like it, looks sweet! I too really like multicam! ATtacs is sweet, but it wouldn't work here either.

Side note, I tried to paint my all black gear to work with multicam. Its ok, but dude, yours looks way better!

Nice work man!

Thanks, Man!! :D
I think I remember seeing photos of your rig, you used Krylon didn't you? Battle Rattle :lol:
I REALLY want a Banshee but they are out of stock on both Multicam and OD/Ranger Green

Yup, rattle can Krylon and Rustoleum, ultra flat fusion camo.

When we gonna see pics of you wearin this? :D

Pfft... Me wearing it?? Who said I was posting photos' of that?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe tomorrow, we will see how work goes :D

I just found a TAG Banshee in Multicam for $160... :shock: I want... AR500 Armor is decent price too for a guy on a budget!

Nice find!

Go to work, don't break anything on you, and then get pics. Got it? ;)

cool gear Rick !

Hard to beat Brads kit though.....that custom job was kickass

oli700 said:
cool gear Rick !

Hard to beat Brads kit though.....that custom job was kickass

Agreed! He did a great job throwing that all together! I couldn't do something like that if I had someone helping me lol

Rossignol said:
Go to work, don't break anything on you, and then get pics. Got it? ;)

hahaha that is easier said then done! I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow goes fast! Lately the days are dragging on longer and longer lol keeping me from my trolling of the forums :lol: :lol: I guess I could dress up and look all cute... but only because you asked so nicely ;)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice Rick!

Thanks for the pics and write-up...

Thanks, LES!! :D I requested Amazon Gift Cards or 45acp Ammunition for my birthday. With the GC's I intend on getting another shotgun reload pouch and the Condor Tornado Holster

Back