• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Taking the fifth - IRS

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Yeah, I know that pleading the fifth isn't supposed to be implied as being guilty, but doing so sure does make one wonder what is being hidden.

(Reuters) - Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service official who revealed the agency was giving extra scrutiny to conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, will assert her constitutional right not to answer questions to a congressional committee on Wednesday, her lawyer said in a letter obtained by Reuters.

"She has not committed any crime or made any misrepresentation but under the circumstances she has no choice but to take this course," Lerner's attorney, William Taylor, wrote to the chairman of the House of Representatives committee that is holding hearings into the IRS.

Taylor said he had advised Lerner to assert her Fifth Amendment right due to allegations made by the committee chairman, Darrell Issa, that she had provided false and misleading information to Congress.

Issa has issued a subpoena to demand that Lerner attend his panel's hearing on Wednesday, the third in less than two weeks since the scandal first erupted, according to a second document obtained by Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... 5I20130521

Funny how some rights are embraced when it's convenient.

The first amendment gives you the right to say most anything you want to.

And the Fifth amendment gives you the right not to.

Can you say irony?

Bullchit!!! She is working for the American people and should have to answer for any abuse of power while performing her duties. She is just covering for the administration. And as for the assertion that obama needed to be "protected" from any allegations is absurd. Either he is running this country or he's not. If it is the later he needs to be relieved of his position.

I know the 5th protects you from self incrimination but it is not meant to be used to cover your superiors backsides. Hang the first, the rest will talk like little kids...of course this is just my opinion and does not represent the opinions of this website or persons using this website...how's that for cya?

OhioArcher said:
Bullchit!!! She is working for the American people and should have to answer for any abuse of power while performing her duties. She is just covering for the administration. And as for the assertion that obama needed to be "protected" from any allegations is absurd. Either he is running this country or he's not. If it is the later he needs to be relieved of his position.

I know the 5th protects you from self incrimination but it is not meant to be used to cover your superiors backsides. Hang the first, the rest will talk like little kids...of course this is just my opinion and does not represent the opinions of this website or persons using this website...how's that for cya?

Dear OhioArcher,

Sorry, but as a Representative of the MO website you are responsible for everything that appears on the site. You'll be getting a visit from several of my DHS goons shortly. Have a nice day. :)

Sincerely,

J. Napolitano.

GunnyGene said:
Dear OhioArcher,

Sorry, but as a Representative of the MO website you are responsible for everything that appears on the site. You'll be getting a visit from several of my DHS goons shortly. Have a nice day. :)

Sincerely,

J. Napolitano.

LOL...I say "bring it" to the ugly cow in DC...she must be Janet Reno reincarnated...or a close cousin.

OhioArcher said:
LOL...I say "bring it" to the ugly cow in DC...she must be Janet Reno reincarnated...or a close cousin.

I cringe every time I walk into the office and see her face next to the "other guy".... I thought Arizona could do better :D

Back