• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thank you Fire Fighters!!

Saw this on FB and wanted to share! Thanks to all of you Fire Fighters and Volunteer fire fighters.....and the rest of you that are in the line of work that are required to risk your lives everyday as well!

"Oh.. you're a firefighter?? That's cool. I wanted to do that when I was a kid. What do you make?" "WHAT DO I MAKE?? I make holding your hand seem like the biggest thing in the world when I'm cutting you out of a car. I can make 5 minutes seem like a lifetime when I go in a burning house to save your family. I make those annoying sirens seem like angels when you need them. I can make your children breathe when they stop. I can help you survive a heart attack. I make myself get out of bed at 3am to risk my life to save people I've never met. Today I might make the ultimate sacrifice to save your life. I make a difference, what do you make?"

Very true...

And let us not forget the men & women in the United States Armed Forces on station all over the globe keeping us safe all day, every day...!!

Friday 11 November is Veterans Day...

Let’s just thank all the people who run toward trouble…..I have been in emergency service for a while now and never expect a thank you, but it’s nice to have one. It’s funny ,most of my family is military, they say they never expect a “thanks for your service”….they say “we volunteered to join and got paid while we were there”. One day I said to my uncle”yeah, but isn’t it nice to know you are appreciated….he said “yeah, it is”. I rarely thank them for their service, I just treat them with respect and go out of my way to help them where I can ….which is evident by all the veterans I have working for me in fire…lol, plus they kick ass and can stay cool in high stress situations like forest fires, so everyone is happy.

I want to thank all the families’ and spouses. They are the ones who keep us going, the ones who put up with strange hours, never getting to see us…..my son doesn’t know what it’s like to go on summer vacation due to fire season. Listening and dealing with the aftermath of rants and raves, and venting. It is our families that put up with the most crap, adjusting schedules, constantly taking up the slack…..they are the hero’s to me.

oli700 said:
Let’s just thank all the people who run toward trouble…..I have been in emergency service for a while now and never expect a thank you, but it’s nice to have one. It’s funny ,most of my family is military, they say they never expect a “thanks for your service”….they say “we volunteered to join and got paid while we were there”. One day I said to my uncle”yeah, but isn’t it nice to know you are appreciated….he said “yeah, it is”. I rarely thank them for their service, I just treat them with respect and go out of my way to help them where I can ….which is evident by all the veterans I have working for me in fire…lol, plus they kick ass and can stay cool in high stress situations like forest fires, so everyone is happy.

I want to thank all the families’ and spouses. They are the ones who keep us going, the ones who put up with strange hours, never getting to see us…..my son doesn’t know what it’s like to go on summer vacation due to fire season. Listening and dealing with the aftermath of rants and raves, and venting. It is our families that put up with the most crap, adjusting schedules, constantly taking up the slack…..they are the hero’s to me.

+1

Happy and honored to serve my community...

Back