• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Instead of hijacking Brad's hobby topic, I made this one. I'll post in it all the stuff out of wood that I have made and future projects.

Hope you guys like em..

NCM_1687.JPG

NCM_1679.JPG

NCM_1680.JPG

NCM_1670.JPG

NCM_1669.JPG

NCM_1668.JPG

I have a bunch off new pens I just made I need to get pix of to. So look for em coming soon...

This is a 3 in 1 kit. Stylus/light/pen. It looks so much better in the sunlight...

NCM_1715.JPG

NCM_1711.JPG

This is celtic pen kit. Custom made with green dyed burl stabilized with acrylic. This is one of my better jobs...I like it very much.

NCM_1702.JPG

NCM_1701.JPG

NCM_1700.JPG

Last edited:
I think I would like very much to buy some of your bowls as family heirloom presents. Seriously.

I love this thing. But I can see how it would eat my wallet up too. So I need to be careful on what I want to do with this. I do plan on offering some stuff later on. I need to work on my finishes, and I need a couple more tools to make some cool bowls.

@nitesite , Dave, do you have any wood that has meaning or family significance behind them? That would have more "meaning" on an heirloom.

*this bowl is from a tree that attacked me, so i shot it with my cz with ammo that oli made for me."

Glow in the Dark pen !!! I suck at dark pictures...so I'll try something different.

NCM_1770.JPG

NCM_1768.JPG

NCM_1767.JPG

I love this pen. Almost looks tactical...one piece and comfortable to hold like a jabber.

I'm working on making my own tactical pen. Aluminum is a real pita to work on the lathe with out sharp ass tools....

Last edited:
NCM_1764.JPG
NCM_1763.JPG

The following pic, is a goof. I used the wrong bushings for the blank, so it did not come out the size needed to match the kit. As you can see it's a lil shy meeting up to the edges...so that one is staying in my collection till I can figure out how to fix it.
NCM_1762.JPG
NCM_1758.JPG
And the blank is made from stabilized cow poop!!!

If you can see the white haze on these pics, that's where I need to work on my finishing technique. I'm not sure why it is happening, but or if it only happens with some wood, and not others....idk. But, I'm working on it....

NCM_1751.JPG

NCM_1750.JPG

NCM_1746.JPG

NCM_1745.JPG

Last edited:
This is the very first pen I had made. The wood doesn't meet up smoothly with the kit, and the finish isn't what I expected it would look like. It is Manzanita with a paste wax/oil finish. Did not like using that stuff.....

NCM_1742.JPG

NCM_1739.JPG

NCM_1741.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not too impressed with this bottle stopper kit also. The wood is called spectraply or colorwood. I thought it was Dymondwood, but got the shaft on the deal. So much for fleabay.
It isn't bad though for what it is, it is soft, so I need to find a shiny finish that will not crack on it if it gets dropped. I have 50 pounds of that stuff, so I need to find a use for it....

NCM_1697.JPG

NCM_1696.JPG

NCM_1695.JPG

Back