• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thinking about revealing my location...

Hmm... I put Houston as my city although I'm not in Houston, it's the closest well known area to me. I figure people can know my name and even my kids names because I don't really find that as confidential, it's easily heard or seen by people everyday ie. Grocery store, dr office, on my mail, etc. A normal person can drive by my house and enter my lisence plate number on a public search and find out all sorts of "public" info. Kinda creepy... But at the same rate, what is someone going to do with that info? Be it from a public forum or a pedestrian overhearing my name and address at the dr office? They can find me and knock on my door for all I care, but I'll be armed ;) As far as the government goes, I just settle on knowing that they know more about me than I do. There is no hiding from them so I don't waste any time worrying about it.

One thing I don't do is put my kids names on my car (ya know, the little family stickers showing all the kids and dogs) because I don't want to give any weirdo a heads up that they can follow me and put me in an awkward position that I never want to be in. I'd say I'm a little paranoid about that. A neighborhood nearby had a school mascot wooden sign in their front yard with their daughters name on it... She ended up getting raped. They might as well had a sign saying "hey predators, a teenage girl lives here!". Very sad and who would have thought that it could put them in danger? Again, that doesn't stop all the creeps out there, but I don't advertise my children just to be safe.

Okay, okay. You've all convinced me that there's no such thing as privacy anymore so I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna post right here in front of God and everybody just exactly where I am right now!

Ready?
Here goes.... in the kitchen!

Whew, that feels so much better! I'm just glad that I don't have to hide that any longer.

:lol:

Thanks for playing. You've all won the lovely home version of our game...

Expat_PM said:
Okay, okay. You've all convinced me that there's no such thing as privacy anymore so I'm gonna do it.
I'm gonna post right here in front of God and everybody just exactly where I am right now!
Ready?
Here goes.... in the kitchen!

Yeah but who's kitchen? Are you in my kitchen? cuz if you are..I'd like a sammich please...

holy crap!!..i just looked....you are correct about the mayo....you sneaky dog you...

If you were born on this planet, went to school, have a SSN, pay taxes, own or rent a house or apartment, work, use credit cards, use a cell phone, pay for your internet service, have an IP address.....ad nauseum

"WE" have your location !!

1984_bb-1.jpg

There's really no way for you to hide anything. If you've ever purchased a firearm on paper than you're already on a list if they ever tried to ban. You literally can't hide anything today. If you have any type of bill, phone, or web than it's all out the window.

Holy Necro!!

They are bots from search engines, aliens, NSA, Dr. Stephen Falken, etc. ;-D

I live in Clovis CA.
It's a rodeo town.

Our town statue:
festus2.jpg
Molon Labe

'nuff said.

Back