• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thoughts?

I have no experience with bear creek barrels. May want to hit up john A. On forum he keeps pretty informed of such things.
@John A.
I do business with primary arms on occasion and have always been satisfied.

I found this over on ar15.com if it helps any.
So Just Who Is Bear Creek Arsenal …. Here's The Story…

Bear Creek Arsenal is owned and operated by the Moore family. They have a long history here in our North Carolina not only as master machinist but as shooters, armorers and craftsmen.

Until now Bear Creek has been mostly known behind the scenes in the firearms community for making custom barrels, complex receivers, and high end private label rifleparts for builders across the country.

More recently, their sister company, Moore's Machine, introduced a base level AR-15 to the market. This is a rifle that we carried for a while, stopped carrying, and then re-introduced after extensive testing and becoming comfortable with their newly found level of consistent quality. After being re-introduced, they were a huge success!

Recently, in their ongoing effort to produce the finest rifle possible, the Moore family has taken the entire MMC operation and moved it to their dedicated custom facility at their Bear Creek Arsenal location. At Bear Creek Arsenal, each rifle is built from the ground up on dedicated equipment and under the direct oversight and quality control of the Moore family themselves.

Since we re-introduced the MMC rifles in late 2013 the quality has always been good, but now under the new Bear Creek Arsenal banner, we think it is even better.

Buyers will notice a nicer finish, smoother lines, higher quality markings, and a more professional fit and finish than ever before. They feed as smooth as glass and the accuracy rivals that of many custom guns.

We are convinced that these are the best bang for the rifle buck of any gun in America! For shooters, by shooters, that is Bear Creek Arsenal.

I wonder who they source the parts from, surely they're not making all of them in house at that price point?

I've heard the bear creek name for a year or so.

Can't recall ever hearing anything bad about them.

Not sure exactly what your after in an upper or if your dead set on that free optic. I would suggest sign up for PSA daily deals email sometimes you can find a nice deal there to. Just saw this one. Not sure if it would be what your after but the wylde chamber nitride barrel is pretty good stuff nice free float rail and a nibx bcg. You could pick up that bushnell for about 85 bucs on amazon. Anyway not trying to season your soup chef just throwing out some info.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...upper-with-nickel-boron-bcg-ch-516445817.html

Not after anything really. But for the price it's a lot of spare parts. I think you would be hard pressed to find all the parts individually, and stay below the cost.

I hear ya buddy its been a wonderful buyers market. Ive had to really watch my spending on ar stuff. Seems everyday i see something great price. After the drought and price gouging i find myself clicking the add to cart button way to much with these prices.heck if ya keep eyes open spare parts be damned yoy can pick up a whole rifle now for 400 bucks.

Just some Bear Creek initial contact info. Your thread got me to look at them a bit. I saw something that peaked my interest. Needing some information i emailed them. I received a very quick response from their cs who passed me on to another contact. We have corresponded back and forth at length now via email. Refreshing in this age of poor cs. I still cant comment first hand on quality but will be able to soon. They are doing a little project for me lets see how it works out.

I've heard of Bear Creek, when I first began looking for a bolt action rifle. If I'm remembering, some folks who wanted a more custom and higher end gun for long range accuracy, would use their barrels.

Back