• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

took the 590A1 out first time last weekend

Ok guys, took my NIB 18.5 590A1 to our outdoor range on Columbus Day. My Fed buddies shot it first and "broke" it in. We carry 870s but I like this Mossy and it handled well for me. Observation though...man the 5 rounds in the tube go quick. Ok what is the most round mag extension I can add to the 590. I have seen topics on here that talk about 1,2 or more ....thanks guys I want to get my 590 running right for me so I can qual and use it on the job :)
officer dave

I think there is just + one and two. Since you have the 6 shot / 18.5 inch barrel the 8 shot tube is out unless you get a 20" barrel.

You can add whatever magazine extension tube length you want but understand that it will stick past your barrel if you go beyond a +1 or +2. If you hold up extra shells at the end of the magazine tube you can see how long of an extension tube that you can add.

thanks guys I am thinking now maybe a side saddle with extra rounds and then learning how to reload quickly.... Need a sling and at least for now, I think I can get her approved for me to carry.

You can convert it to an 8 shot mag 20" barrel. I've considered having the parts around to be able to do that. You know, if the zombies come. If not my 5 shot is fine. But if Tsunami Katrina happens up here in the Northwest and it gets hairy, being able to convert it to a doom-stick wouldn't be bad.

Back