• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

== Top Guns== History Channel

S

SHOOTER13

Just going through my DVR to clean up space when I came across a show that I recorded but forgot to watch...

Top Guns...with Top Shot host Colby Donaldson. It was on the History Channel Wednesday night @10pm EST. The show I just watched was pretty good...comparing apples and oranges...and bananas.

It featured the M14...the M1 Carbine...and the Mosin-Nagant. Gun rag writer and historian Garry James was also on board, as was another guy who had an impressive resume'.

Anyway...long story short...they gave a brief history of each firearm then shot them to give each a "report card" on accuracy, and things of that nature...then at the end the host and his two guests each picked a rifle and had a small contest.

The next show will be airing this Wednesday...looks to be another good one.

Re: History Channel: Top Guns

Anybody else catch the show...?!

Well, just watched episode #2 of Top Guns on H2 ( History Channel ) which premiered Wednesday at 10pm EST on my DVR.

This week's firearms were the Browning Automatic Rifle, the Steyr AUG, and the FNH PS90. A pretty diverse selection...

Same premise...have two guests ( Navy SEAL Sniper and another equally proficient marksman ) and host Colby Donaldson rated each one and then select one firearm per man and they shoot for bragging rights. Informative is the word I would use...

Good show...anyone else watch ?!

yeah, I like it. Its more about the the guns than most of the shows. The shooters have been great and no drama.....who knew Colby had game

oli700 said:
yeah, I like it. Its more about the the guns than most of the shows. The shooters have been great and no drama.....who knew Colby had game

:lol: ....yea !!

Just watched episode #3 of Top Guns and showcased this week were the shotguns just used in episode #3 of Top Shot, the Benelli M4, Vinci, and Nova...

Colby was joined by Chris Tucker and Jay Lim...both who were challengers on Top Shot in the past seasons. Chris and Jay put all the shotguns through their paces and then each was used by the host and two guests to have an informal shoot-out.

Anyone else see the show...?!

Episode #4 debuts tonight at 10PM EST...

Tonight's program is showcasing the pistols of Smith & Wesson...

Just watched tonights episode...featuring the M&P 40, the M625, and the SW1911.

Finally watched Episode #5 of Top Guns...featuring the Kentucky Flintlock pistol, the Colt SAA, and the H&K USP Tactical 45.

Pretty good show...I personally own a Colt SAA, and it is a pleasure to shoot.

Anyone else see the "Pirates & Patriots" show on Wednesday 3/14/12...?!

Yep, cool show. I actually like it better than top shot. Funny the old six shooters are so awesome. I got out a three screw Ruger the other day. I was so re impressed with the trigger. The past few years messing with service pistols so much I had forgotten how nice the triggers are on the six guns

I dont think it was the same show, but I caught one that I thought was the top shots guy and the red Jacket firearms guy...

Got a chance to watch Top Guns episode #6 called Blades of Steel, where Jack Dagger, the King of Fling, brings out the knives and tomahawks to show Colby and a NY cop how to stick a target. The prehistoric Atlatl gives everyone a challenge...and in the final contest Jack throws knives and hawks blindfolded.

Does anyone here ever practice with throwing knives and axes...!?

I myself do it regular...got a few choice log slices that I sanded and sealed, put a few eye hooks in to hang from a nearby tree, and toss my throwing knives and axes, and even a sharpened shovel at it at different intervals ( feet / yards ) away.

The trick is to use the same spot for the amount of revolutions needed to hit & stick the target at a given distance. Good eye / hand coordination training...

DIVER-1.jpg

CAMOTHROWER-1.jpg

THROWERTWINS-1.jpg

SILVERHATCHET-1.jpg

HATCHETSHOVEL-1.jpg

THROWINGSTARS-1.jpg

My brother and I had some throwing stars like those when we were kids. My parents weren't to happy to see the drywall. :twisted:

I like these skeletonized blades in the second pic. NIce.

The throwing stars were bought for me as a present by my daughter...who thought her dad was "Chuck Norris" back when I was studying Krav Maga....

Not sure if you'all know this...

Krav Maga is the official hand-to-hand combat system of the Israeli Defense Forces. It’s also the preferred system for U.S. Military and Law Enforcement personnel. Krav Maga is not a traditional martial art.. No katas... No rituals.

Based on simple principles and instinctive movements, it's a reality-based system designed to teach real self defense in the shortest possible time. You learn to defend against common chokes, grabs, and bearhugs, as well as weapons such as guns, knives, and sticks. Just as important, you are taught to function during the stress and shock of a sudden, violent encounter.

Street tested...Uncle Sam approved !!

I've been wanting to try Krav Maga for quite a while. I was unable to find anyone in the area teaching it so I started taking a Korean Martial art, Kuk Sool won. Now I see a few Krav places open. It's considered an insult to my instructor to take two classes concurrently so I've been sticking to the one.

I'm thinking of switching when my contracts is up at the end of the year. The falling and twisting of KSW has been tough on me and am now recovering from two herniated discs that I believe were a result of training. It's been a lot of fun but really hard for an overweight 43 year old guy, esp when the class is primarily teenage and twenty somethings that know no limits.

Just viewed episode #7 of Top Guns...

Eleven time national shooting champion Robert Vogel gives a master class on three .22 caliber weapons: the Browning Buckmark, the Volquartsen 10/22 and the Ruger Mark II. Marksman and former federal air marshal Chris Cerino gets some trigger time, and host Colby Donaldson faces stiff competition in the final shoot off.

Anybody here own any of these fine .22's...?!

I myself own a Browning Buckmark...it's spot on for tack drivin' !!

BROWNINGBUCKMARKsmall-1.jpg

Back