• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tragic ND...GRAPHIC

Kodiak

.270 WIN
I'm a member of the XDTalk forum. One of the members had an ND into his hand with a .40 SW Speer Gold Dot. His story details the hard time he is currently going thru with surgery and rehab.

...Well needless to say it wasn't empty and the gun fired and the bullet entered my hand palm side and exited on the front side and got stuck in my car door . The bullet was a speer gold dot so the exit wound on the back of my hand was very large and mangled(about the size of a half dollar). I immediately jump out of the car and take my jacket off. Nick runs inside to get a towel so I can wrap it up to prevent losing so much blood.

He calls 911...Read More

ND_uqynahap_zpsf92c8fec.jpg

ND_ve2e2a3a_zps685011e8.jpg

At least two safety rules broken a left permanant reminder. He was lucky it could have been worse.

It's a graphic reminder that we need to always be on task when dealing with firearms and take nothing for granted.

Thanks for sharing this.

MikeD said:
...It's a graphic reminder that we need to always be on task when dealing with firearms and take nothing for granted.

Thanks for sharing this.
I agree! After reading it, I felt that I'd better share. I'm a CHP holder and handle my pistol everyday. In the morning I put it on and in the evening I take it off (at home). It's easy to get complacent, handling it so often. This is a grim reminder to keep aware and it only takes one second of inattention to have a ND.

At work right now so websense will not let me navigate to finish the story, but needless to say...bet it will not happen to him again.

Back