• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger Group Question - Something fell out :-)

Last night I was cleaning my 930 and all was going well until I went to put the trigger group back in. The rear trigger group retaining pin went in one side of the receiver and slid out the other. Something is missing. It very well could be that thing that looks like a pin or a sleeve laying on the floor.

Sure enough when I take tke trigger group back out, it's obvious that the hole I was pushing the rear trigger group retaining pin into is too big, and the sleeve I found on the floor fits in there quite nicely. I pushed the sleeve (or whatever they call it) back into the hole that the rear pin for the trigger group goes in. I noticed a C clip or something like it on one side of the sleeve. I looked around to see if I could find one for the other side laying on the table. on the floor or inside the receiver. No joy.

I noticed the trigger group was recessed on one side where the sleeve appeared to go so when I pushed the sleeve in, the side with the c clip or whatever that retainer is is on the same side as the recess.

My question is - should there be something on the other side of the sleeve or is that the way it's manufactured? With everything re-assembled I'm sure it's fine the way it is - unless there is another clip loose inside the gun somewhere.

You've got it correct. Only once side of those sleeves have that spring clip.

The trigger assembly has two of these sleeves. Both trigger group retaining pins slide through them and the grooves at the end of the pins catch the spring clip to positively engage.

If you have the latest pins, one side will have three grooves. Make sure those are on the ejection port side where the spring clips will engage.

Back