• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger group worries

ausback

Copper BB
I've posted this on another forum and got mixed replies. I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say about my situation (if you can even call it a situation :roll: )

Last night I brought home my new Mossberg 500, 18.5" persuader. I broke it down to clean and oil it, and my girlfriend picked up the trigger group and fired it I didn't notice any cracks in the housing, but I'm just worried some damage may have been done to the springs. I'm not sure if this is anything to worry about, I just know that it's something you're not supposed to do. Any Mossberg buffs out there know if I should be concerned about this?

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your now Mossy. I wouldn't worry about it. Put your 500 together and see how it cycles. I'm sure it's ok. The polymer is stronger than you think.

Keep us posted.

I ran some 12ga caps through it, and it cycles without a hitch. I was just over-worried, probably due to the fact that I hadn't had it out of the box for more than 15 mins. It's a relief to hear from someone else that it's NBD. Thanks a bunch, I look forward to spending some time on the forum!

Back