• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger/Safety Problem

art5239

Copper BB
I have had my ATR in 30-06 for a few years now and love it. I have seen all the ATRs with Boyds custom stocks on them and I really like the look and decided that I needed to get one for my rifle. I took the stock off to measure to make sure everything was good before ordering and when I put the rifle back together I noticed that the trigger would go off wether the safety was in the on or off postion. Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you go about getting it fixed.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum from NY. Sorry to hear your having a problem with your ATR.

I don't own one but I'm sure one of the ATR members will chime in and be able to help you. ;)

Thanks, I doubt it has happend to many people just looking for a course of action to take to resolve my problem.

art, as soon as I saw the topic headline I said "I bet you he put a new boyds stock on".... I had this same issue with my stock.

The boyds stock is cut a little tight around this area not allowing your safety to fully engage. Just take some sand paper or a file and trim up the area on the stock where the saftey is catching. I just free handed it until I had smooth operation of the safety, and you don't really have to be super careful in that area, as it's not important to the popper stock/reciever fit.

Let us know how it turns out!

aksavanaman, I didn't put on the stock yet, I just took the old factory stock off to measure before i ordered the boyds stock and then put the gun back together for storage. I tested the function and that is when I noticed that it did this. I then thought of the fact that the safety must not be fully engaging so I took it back apart and tested the function without the stock on at all and it still did this.

Back