• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

trigger swap

Whats up fellas! Just had a quick question about the 500, I am wondering if I would be able to swap the poly trigger group for the steel trigger group and not run into any issues. Just to clarify I'm saying like takeing a 590 trigger assembly (housing and internals) and putting it in the 500. Thanks

Did you do the trigger swap? I'm having difficulty getting the 590 to seat when the gun is together. When the receiver is stripped it drops in without issue. Any suggestions?

Just curious, what stock is on the gun?

I know with a pistol grip you need to take it off. Wondering if any after market stocks also interfere with it.

It's a Magpul stock, but I took it off once I realized the rear trigger knuckle was hitting it. I will clearance the stock as needed once I get the trigger in the receiver.

I didn't have much time to work on it. I thought it would be a quick and easy swap and before I knew it I had a disassembled gun on my bench.

I figured out the problem. The disconnecter on the trigger is defective. It is straight across and not angled as it is supposed to be. See the picture below for comparison; middle trigger assembly. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437607829.371948.jpg

Back