• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Troubleshooting - action stuck forward

Went shooting today for the first time - shot 25-30 federal target loads. Once I got into the second box the action got jammed a few times - couldn't eject the spent shell. Tried the the action lock lever - nothing. Had to give it a nice pull on the forarm to get the bolt to slide back. My friend suggested it happened because the gun is new and hasn't been cleaned yet. We were also considering the cold a factor. It was pretty cold out. Anyone have a similar problem or a fix? Waiting for my ballistol to get here so I can clean her properly. Right now there is only factory grease.

your friend is prob. right,,,,,,needs a good cleaning. you should clean it right out of the box to get rid of the factory gunk.

old mossy said:
your friend is prob. right,,,,,,needs a good cleaning. you should clean it right out of the box to get rid of the factory gunk.

I really wanted to clean it right when I got it but my buddy only had Hoppes 9 bore cleaner. I try to use all non-toxic chemicals and didn't feel like using that. Waiting on Ballistol. Hopefully I can get some online soon. Can't find it in-store anywhere.

I think you guys figured it out. With the new firearm, grease, and cold weather, plus the debris from shooting all added up to the malfunction.

As far as only having Hoppes #9. That is all I use, and have never had any problems with it. Just make sure you have a good Lubricant to use after using Hoppes.

Frank

Frank Castle said:
I think you guys figured it out. With the new firearm, grease, and cold weather, plus the debris from shooting all added up to the malfunction.

As far as only having Hoppes #9. That is all I use, and have never had any problems with it. Just make sure you have a good Lubricant to use after using Hoppes.

Frank

I don't. All I have is hoppes. That's why I'm waiting on ballistol. I hear really good things.

Back