• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Truglo scope

tcecil88

.30-06
Elite Member
I bought a TruGlo 4x32mm Mil-Dot "Tactical" Rifle Scope with the red/green lighted reticle for my Sig M400. I wish to use it to Coyote hunt with so I can get some field time with the new rifle. When I am done hunting, I want to remove the scope and mount base and reinstall my carry handle with the Red-dot for HD/PD.
My question is, if I remove the scope with the 3/4 in. riser mount as a unit, can I reinstall it for the next hunt without loss of zero? My receiver's rail is numbered, so getting it back in the same slots will not be a problem.
KGrHqNjkE-oRBvcLgBP11bnrsUQ60_35.jpg

Unless you actually have a torque wrench that allows you to accurately measure the force applied by the rail mounting screws and you ensure that it is the same when you remount the scope, I don't think it will. I think it will probably be close though. But I am interested in what some others will think about this too. Good luck.

Paul

I'm with raven here.

You'll probably be close, but it likely won't re-establish a perfect zero when you reinstall your scope/mount combo. It's just next to impossible to get it back on there exactly like it was before. It'll probably be good enough to get you on paper though and with a little adjustment you should be good to go...

Might be best to just have the M400 setup with the scope. It really is more for property defense and coyotes than home defense.

You could always install a 45 degree rail mount for the red dot...

The set-up would allow you to utilize both your scope and the red dot simultaneously without any switching or swapping. It might take some getting used to, but a quick rotation of the rifle gets you off of the scope and on the red dot.

You could also look into railed scope rings and mount a red dot on top of the scope...

I run this NcStar MKIII set-up on my wife's AR...

LaRue makes a detachable mount that is supposed to maintain zero but it will cost you. When last I checked it was in the $200+ range

What about a one piece cantilever mount?

Would that hold zero any better I wonder, do you guys know? Not all mounts are created equally, some of the higher end mounts have, I dunno, cammed and indexed locking whatchamacallits.

Back