• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turn in your neighbors $1000

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
http://networkedblogs.com/GMqWw
Newark NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors. “We Will Give You Cash!”

The government doesn’t benefit by solving the problem but they do benefit by playing to them. This kind of campaign may lead to ‘legal’ police raids on legitimate gun owners and may even lead to shooting those owners. Many people may hate their neighbors and file reports just to harass them. I also expect that there may be many cases where the city renege on their offer to pay out $1000 and this offer will eventually either be rescinded or it will become a crime to falsely report legal gun owners if it gets out of hand. Win-win for more government bureaucracy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_rY8ZUbrnU[/youtube]

Kinda saw that one coming. It would be an easy (expensive, but easy) alternative to collecting up all the guns. Just get the neighbors to turn you in. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Sounds a lot like the USSR with the KGB and Hitler's Nazi's with their SS...so this is what we are coming to?

Around where I live it would be quicker to i.d. the homes that don't have guns. Crime is low too...no surprise huh?

Ahh Damn! Bookers at it again. I bet he wishes he could have pushed that while he was running for mayor. LOL! That would "disarmed" most his opponents voting force. Tough neighborhood. LOL!

now wait one minute.....I get to piss off my neighbors, get paid 1000 bucks per and be the only person on my block with guns all in one fell swoop...counting the people across the street that’s like 4 grand if the rule is neighbors directly adjacent to me....I'm in, you guys are p#$$^%s

Hasn't this "Turn in your neighbors for having guns" bit been tried before?

Seems like a guy with a funny little mustache tried it back in the old days in another country.....Wonder how well it worked for keeping their country safe? Hmmmm

oli700 said:
now wait one minute.....I get to piss off my neighbors, get paid 1000 bucks per and be the only person on my block with guns all in one fell swoop...counting the people across the street that’s like 4 grand if the rule is neighbors directly adjacent to me....I'm in, you guys are p#$$^%s
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this for real? If so that's pretty frickin scary....

Around these parts, I don't know anyone who doesn't have dogs and guns. Its kinda redneck I guess, but its home and we like it that way.

Oh, and just as CBMike mentioned, crime is WAY low around here.

Rossignol said:
Around these parts, I don't know anyone who doesn't have dogs and guns. Its kinda redneck I guess, but its home and we like it that way.

I could not have said it any better!
I know a few neighbors I would like to get rid of however! :lol:

I did wonder if one could fund their own aresal this way. I don't know Oli, I took neighbor to be anyone nearby. 20 of them would net me the M16 at the gun show.

This does remind me of the beach patrol on the NJ shore way back when that use to ask kids if their parents had snuck alcohol onto the beach. Big brother is watching!

ok think about it,,,,how many people in newark? 300,000. how many guns in newark? 150,000,,,,,,you do the math.plus they are broke now. :lol:

haha Mike, I would be buying up some ammunition for the firearms that remain in your arsenal instead of a new rifle :p Maybe even buying some reloading stuff! That is a lot of cash... translates into tons of brass, bullets, primers and such :D

I wonder how that would pan out if neighbor A called to say that neighbor B had a bunch of guns. Police boot in the door, search the home, detain the owner and find...........notta. So now you have neighbor A who called in basically a bogus call, wasting time, manpower, money and resources that could have been spent more productively elsewhere. And if I were neighbor B, a lawyer would be on his way.

We have enough trouble with no-knock warrants as it is. Something like this will just result in a lot of people dying or injured.....not that that will deter them. Our gov seems to be doing anything they can to pit agaibnst each other to furthur divide the country

Isn't that like the greatest old school tactic of war... Divide and Conquer? Seems to be working pretty well.. You flash $$$ up in the air and people are willing to sell their children off... :?

My biggest frustration is this. The left, antis, etc. play by a specific play book, and it works quite well yet the right/conservatives/pro-gunners fail miserably at the same game. They just not get their point across as well nor do they counter the left when the lefts spread lies and misinformation despite the fact that the facts stare them in the face. They truly need to get off this "everyone must like me so I'll play the middle ground so people will like and vote for me" mentality and get out there and fight the same as the left. /rant

I have no idea why, but when I see Mike D's profile picture the face of Chuck D comes to mind...maybe I had too much NyQuil in the last 72.

Anyways....this harkens back to the Nazi era, though no one is running around waving flags and burning books yet. I'm all for being vigilant and if my neighbors are running a meth lab or child slavery ring from their home I will be the first to dial the cops...but to dial for dollars so to speak, especially when its on a suspicion, well here comes Adolf and the brown shirts.

Mike, I think we just need a different tactic! Get antis out on the range shooting guns to see how fun it really is! The thrill and rush will over take them.. and if not.. well there are other means :p

Back