• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turning stock gun to tactical need help

Yup I checked it. All good to go! Stoked to show you all the finished product. I dig the multipurpose capacity of the 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16c2dfb011cb091c92f1ff7918de0704.jpg
1c60949e4eae78bffc2f4ff2349b54a5.jpg

Slowly but surely, it's coming along

That looks like a whole different gun now.

I'm late to the party, but I'm going to be the first to tell you:

Well done.

Thanks! Still want to do a heat shield and a ghost ring rear sight. Considering magpul furniture but that + the slide tube I'd need would be the price of a new gun haha.

I too am late seeing this, it's looking good!

The ghost ring setup will also get expensive. My advice, which doesn't necessarily mean a thing, learn to use the bead and your hold over on targets. If your heart is set on the GRS I won't disuade you. There are a few ways of doing it, some less expensive than others.

One of our guys here has done the work himself and it turned out well. Or, you can purchase another barrel that has it on already as well as the rear aperture that will mount to the receiver. Another option, and the one I'm least fond of, is the heat shield which includes the sights on it. They're not adjustable and therefore you have to learn the holds anyway, and it isn't fixed solid to the barrel and therefore can move or change if and when the barrel is removed. It may not work with the standoff barrel though I'm not positive. There is also a "banded" front sight which fully wraps the end of the barrel and is fixed in place with something, I'm not sure what, but again may not fit past the standoff device.

This is my reasoning behind learning the bead on the barrel. If you're down with spending the dollars, go for it. Otherwise it's perfectly functional, effective, and efficient as it sits. The only thing left to do is shoot it as much as you're able. The $$$ could be better utilized as ammo funds.

Last edited:
The ghost ring setup will also get expensive. My advice, which doesn't necessarily mean a thing, learn to use the bead and your hold over on targets.

This is my reasoning behind learning the bead on the barrel. If you're down with spending the dollars, go for it. Otherwise it's perfectly functional, effective, and efficient as it sits. The only thing left to do is shoot it as much as you're able. The $$$ could be better utilized as ammo funds.

+1 on these^^^^ Aim down the bead with your dominant eye while keeping the other eye open for the HD sitch. Practice with an unloaded gun... Looks nice! Good Luck! :)

Single point, dual point, or 3 point?

Back