• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

UK 590 Project update

Ok so its been a while. My project sort of stalled with all what is going on in the US no stores over here have any stock and parts I had on back order keep getting delayed. My 590 is still in its semi finished state

At the Start
403945353.jpg

Currently fitted
Mesa tactical 20" rail and side saddle
Magpul BUIS
Mossberg Steel trigger unit
Elite Tactical Advantage over sized safety

After the rail fitted
404289255.jpg

Added the safety
404594525.jpg

Some new parts arrived today :D (Thank you Midway UK )

GG&G smooth mag follower
Extended high power Wolf Spring
Mossberg Firing Pin
Mossberg Cartridge Stop
Mossberg Cartridge Interceptor Assembly
Houge pistol grip
Enidine buffer tube
Mesa Tactical LEO adapter
405330758.jpg

Still waiting for :

+2 mag tube
Eotech forend with integral light
Magpul CRT
A Castle Nut
Aimpoint T1 micro

Hopefully I should get all the parts over the next couple months. It just depends on when they arrive at the UK deallers. Will keep you all posted on the build.

Good luck with your 2nd ammendment rights

All the best

Chris

Cheers, On a plus side I got an email saying my wifes zombie grenn glow in the dark AK furniture should arrive very soon. Cant say im thrilled with her fitting bright green glowing furniture but each to there own.

chrismetallica1 said:
Cheers, On a plus side I got an email saying my wifes zombie grenn glow in the dark AK furniture should arrive very soon. Cant say im thrilled with her fitting bright green glowing furniture but each to there own.

I definitly want to see pics of that one!!!

The fact that she is interested is enough to overlook her furniture color selection.

MikeD said:
chrismetallica1 said:

I definitly want to see pics of that one!!!

The fact that she is interested is enough to overlook her furniture color selection.

Thats not the worst part. She wants to have the gas tube with integral rail, dust cover and mags gold plated so she stands out at the competitions. Its going to look hideous. At least my AK will still be all black and in the correct calibre 7.62 x 39 unlike her .223. Once the green furniture arrives I will post a picture. Dont know when shes getting the plating done on the rail and dust cover though

405404850.jpg

She added the Green furniture. To be totally honest it doesn't look that bad. She ditched the 1 piece gas tube rail system as she said it added too much forward weight. She was talking the other night and is thinking of getting the dust cover plated gold, probably buying a replacement gas tube and plating that gold and replacing the stock with a skeleton folder and plating that gold as well. I'm not quite sold on it but at the end of the day it can be put back to its original configuration in about 5 minuets.

Just received an email, My new +2 mag tube has cleared customs. Should arrive Thursday :D Just need the stock and castle nut and most of the parts are here

I like the muzzle break who makes it.

Is it a bolt on type or what will it work on a 590 SP with 20 inch barrel.

chrismetallica1 said:
405404850.jpg

She added the Green furniture. To be totally honest it doesn't look that bad. She ditched the 1 piece gas tube rail system as she said it added too much forward weight. She was talking the other night and is thinking of getting the dust cover plated gold, probably buying a replacement gas tube and plating that gold and replacing the stock with a skeleton folder and plating that gold as well. I'm not quite sold on it but at the end of the day it can be put back to its original configuration in about 5 minuets.

Nice!

Well my +2 tube arrived and with a bit of messing around with the spring fitted. Now its 10+1 and I even miss calculated !! It worked out better as its shorter than the muzzle !!!

405480050.jpg

405480054.jpg

Still waiting for a castle nut, Magpul stock and Eotech integrated forend :lol:

Awesome.

Might want to wrap some tape around it when target practicing. I do this with the light on my Glock and it helps cleanup a lot by reducing burned powder buildup.

MikeD said:
Awesome.

Might want to wrap some tape around it when target practicing. I do this with the light on my Glock and it helps cleanup a lot by reducing burned powder buildup.

Good Idea, I was thinking some of that heat shrink tube and then replacing the tube every few hundred shells. Hopefully it should reduce powder build up

That would work as well and be less noticible. :D

Nice...thanks for posting the pics. Sorry we're buying out the stores here and slowing orders :D but I expect that to last awhile yet.

carbinemike said:
Nice...thanks for posting the pics. Sorry we're buying out the stores here and slowing orders :D but I expect that to last awhile yet.

Its not too bad I work for an RFD so we can usually get stuff. Its just the bits that can be used on AR15's that seem to be out of stock. I have all the bits except the magpul stock and castle nut. As soon as they arrive I don't mind waiting for the Eotech forend as its not a big deal

Back