• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

UK 590 Project update

Very nice Chris. Your posts remind me of a kid in a candy store kind of happiness. We have a saying here...the only difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toy. Glad to see you enjoying it so much!

Chris,
Congrats. Gun looks great!
I'm still trying to figure out a way to mount BUIS to my 590. No problem with a rail mounted rear. Still trying to locate a solution ( banded ) for a front sight.

awiner,
That's why I love this forum. Thanks for the simple solution to my mag clamp issue.

I have seen it done before with a laserlyte tri rail mounted to the barrel. I think the guy used a piece of plastic tube round the barrel as a spacer. But this is what he used as a mount

405684102.jpg

You could probably do what I did and use heat shrink wrap over the barrel were you attach the mount. Im sure it would hold in place fine and its never going to get to 125 degrees c

So got chance to go to the range today and run it through its paces properly. Forgot the blue Loctite so had to tighten the stocks castle nut a few times. I have to say these enadine buffers are great. I also think the thick magpul buttpad makes a big difference . I Ran 100 rounds of S&B slug and 400 of gamebore birdshot. Its proper broke in now the action was smooth and it runs a dream. No issues with the mag extension and it didn't powder up like I thought it would. A few fleks on the heat shrink but no big deal :)

Got a letter today my CDM gear mount and rails have finally arrived in the UK. Not to bad £15 import tax should arrive at my door Tuesday :lol: In the meantime my paperwork came back from the local PD. Authorised to purchase Ten WW1/WW2 collectors rifles, a cannon, a .308 rifle with silencer and an silencer for my Saiga AK 7.62x39. I'm off shopping next week :p :D

Holy crap man, sweet!

Looks like you'll be stocking up for sure. Can't wait to see that cannon...

Not weighed it, I will get some sales at some point and weigh it full and empty. as for the MBUIS. They were high on the lowest elevation I filed a little of the front sight post and its fine :)

chrismetallica1 said:
as for the MBUIS. They were high on the lowest elevation I filed a little of the front sight post and its fine :)

Good deal. Glad it is able to get on target with a minor mod. Like the look on it too. :cool:
Took me a few mags on my AR to get my MBUS dialed in perfectly.

Back