• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Unleashed the beast today....FINALLY!!!

:D :) :D
dude.....im still grinin'.......WOOOOW

well guys it finaly happened today, :mrgreen: i got to fire my Flex 590 and it was AWESOME!!!!

i found the indoor range that would allow me to fire my shotgun in it, and all i can say is this thing is freakin sweet and i couldn't of made a better purchase.

when i got to the range they asked what i was firing and what shells i was using, and i told them target load, and they quickly told me that wasnt allows, and i was like, great here we go again.....
but he did say 00buck and slugs were allowed (which of course i didnt have either) but luckly they had there for sale and bought 2 boxex to break her in.
needless to say i put 50 rounds of 00buck thru her and she handled flawlessly......loved it.

already plan to go back tomorrow and get a membership there.
went looking for 00buck, but pretty much everywhere is out of them (dicks, bass pro, walmart, kmart) so im glad they have some at the range for sale, so im gonna stock up ($18/box 25) also bought 2 boxes of slugs that i plan to test out tomorrow too, cant wait..... :D

heres the link for the video of me shooting her.......(dont know how to put on here to view in thread)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?v ... QKoa4&ns=1

(EDIT: got the video working on here directly, thx ripjack13 and mike for the help on this - leaving the link up J.I.C.) :mrgreen:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f_RyTQKoa4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

OUT-friggin-STANDING!!!

That smile on your face says it all. Congrats on the first time out...

Love that smile man, excellent! Good lookin patterns too, what was the load and distance?

Good deal, I'm happy for ya, congrats!!!

the was great. ,,,,,,,,, a day latter and your still smiling..... :D

Rossignol said:
Love that smile man, excellent! Good lookin patterns too, what was the load and distance?

Good deal, I'm happy for ya, congrats!!!

thanks rossingol.....
ive shot once or twice b4 :lol:

9pellet 00buckshot at 10yds

I know the feeling. Good to hear about your experience. My local range is the same way, only 00 and slugs.

Glad to hear you got to break her in before Christmas afterall although that doesn't suprise me. You had the sound of a man on a mission! Keep us posted going forward too.

AWESOME!! :) Glad you finally got out too shoot it!!
Seems like it has a really short action or is it just me?

RyanMac said:
I know the feeling. Good to hear about your experience. My local range is the same way, only 00 and slugs.

thanks ryan, id like to say it was worth the wait, and the wait was worth it, but torture.... :lol:
got to drive about 30 min to this range, but no matter, cuz it puts a smile on my face and love the expierence.

carbinemike said:
Glad to hear you got to break her in before Christmas afterall although that doesn't suprise me. You had the sound of a man on a mission! Keep us posted going forward too.

yes sir.....
that was my only mission and i was relentless, i had to find one somewhere, and i had a deadline.... :lol:
definetally more to come mike..... stay tuned. :mrgreen:
thanks bud for the help.

You did good putting them on the target.

what recoil pad is on there? i see its giving you quit a kick.
also try different stances.

Itsricmo said:
thx Itsricmo,
if it did i didnt really notice, too anxious and just wanted to shoot her.... :p

stigmata said:
Itsricmo said:
thx Itsricmo,
if it did i didnt really notice, too anxious and just wanted to shoot her.... :p

It could have just been the angle of the camera :)
Either way, I am glad that we have yet ANOTHER VERY HAPPY Mossberg Owner :)

old mossy said:
what recoil pad is on there? i see its giving you quit a kick.
also try different stances.

its the stock, stock one (if that makes sence :lol: )
kinda thin too, but i think its actually for an AR.... the brand on it is UTG PRO (the buttstock/pad).
when i looked it up, mainly AR-15 is what they seem to be known for.

now ATI makes a collapsable stock for mossberg, just not the FLEX system, which sucks, cus i really love their tallon collapsable stock.
i do want to get a better pad, but needs to be a slip on form fitting one, which UTG dosent seem to make.
the ATI pad, is screwed in, which mine has no holes for it....unless i drill some ;) to make it work.
but i do need a better one.

thanks for the stance tip, i you tubed "shooting a 12ga" and got a few video pointers, so will try that too. :mrgreen:

Back