• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wal Mart stopping it's ammunition orders?

oops, guess reloading is smart after all, I was just trying to make you feel better lol. In all honesty you guys are screwed....I got dibs on your guns Tom lol......lets start at 75% presheeple value and work from there ?

This from another forum - a Walmart response to his letter:

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms. We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires. We have also spoken to the Vice President’s office to share our perspective.

We take this issue very seriously and are committed staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward.

Sincerely,

Walmart Customer Care

Original Message Follows

-------------------------

01/12/2013 02:35 AM from you:

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for past support with your firearm products. I am writing in response to the Walmart meetings with the Vice President's gun committee... (phone would not copy any more txt)

oli700 said:
oops, guess reloading is smart after all, I was just trying to make you feel better lol. In all honesty you guys are screwed....I got dibs on your guns Tom lol......lets start at 75% presheeple value and work from there ?
I know how much powder I have. Time to inventory bullets and primers ASAP.

Consulting has evaporated with the new year and I'm in a job search - my lowest buying power in some time - not good! :evil:

Same here. I stopped at one WalMart on the weekend and they had nothing I could use. Stopped at another last night and same story.

The LGS's seem ok for reloading supplies except the one sold his last 1000 55 grain .223's which are now residing on my reloading shelf :D . Plenty of common calibers, powders and primers.

Maybe if I get that Pistol in March I will just buy all the stuff to reload 45acp and I will manufacture all my own ammunition :) Seems the best way to get ammo!!

you still have to think a couple steps ahead of the average bear......good luck

I have to pull the trigger on it sometime haha
Oh well... Baby Steps... Pistol First

Maybe even by March all this will blow over... :lol:

I'd Like to through my 2 cents in this it my only be worth a 1/2 cent but its something i work in walmart sporting goods section and from the fax we recieved and my talks with my managers who shoot on regular basis im being told that the hold on orders is so the warehouses can restock and the have been spliting everything that is coming in between all stores and the hold on orders is so that 1 store cant order all of something that all stores are out of and will say yesterday we got in 25 boxes of AE 55 grain .223's and 20 boxes of rem yellowjacket 100ct .22's so we are still getting ammo just not enough to cover what everyones after. I would love to get some .308's in personally becuase i just traded my 06 for a .308 and only have half a box of shells for it.

Even during deer hunnting season up to now with the buying hysteria, our Walmarts have 30-06 but haven't had any .308 since around October.

i just went back to work today after 2 days off and was told that home office sent and email stating that we are going to limit 3 boxes per day per customer until we get our warehouse and our shelves stocked back up.

Just aheads up to everyone.

Back