• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wanna bet that even death won't stop them?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...hite-house-press-secretary-under-reagan-dies/

Even in his death, they are touting "gun control", "assault weapon", "background check", and elevating him to like some kind of national hero, but anyone who would stop or limit my ability to protect myself, my family, strip my right to own a firearm of my choosing, my opinion is polar opposite to what the press says.

Excerpt:
"Brady was left permanently disabled after being shot in the head on March 30, 1981, by John Hinckley, Jr., outside the Washington Hilton Hotel.

He afterward undertook a personal crusade for gun control, and lobbied for stricter handgun and assault-weapon laws. A federal law requiring a background check on handgun buyers bears Brady's name, and The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence is named in his honor.

"Since 1993, the law that bears Jim's name has kept guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals. An untold number of people are alive today who otherwise wouldn't be, thanks to Jim," President Obama said in a statement on Monday.
"

You know, the odd thing about this is that he was shot with a .22 revolver (Röhm RG-14) and "Devastator" bullets. Yet they've been going after semi-auto pistols and rifles of much larger capacity and power. Not a peep about little .22lr revolvers. :eek:

220px-R%C3%B6hm_RG-14_Reagan_attempted_assassination_gun.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Ronald_Reagan

The death of the figurehead of an organization seldom has any long term impact on the organization itself. Short term, it usually has a positive impact by bringing the organization closer together and focusing it's efforts in the name of their fallen hero.

Anyone who thinks they are above the law of the land...the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights...is not going to be missed by me.

I always assumed his wife Sarah was the driving force behind their crusade.

They will tout that lives were saved... they will never make mention of how many lives were also lost because people were killed before their wait period was up etc, when they truly needed a gun for self defense The door swings both ways....

I read about that last night. I don't understand the homicide ruling.

But I do wonder if the med examiner was in someones' pocket if it was in fact related to the 1981 shooting because that seems like a big stretch.

Or if they found something else.

I always assumed his wife Sarah was the driving force behind their crusade.

I'm pretty sure she was too. I have seen pictures of him walking and this is from his wiki page: "30 years later, Brady could walk and had recovered almost all speech and cognitive function." You'd never see him at an anti gun event without the wheel chair though. Sarah, actually straw purchased a rifle for her son in their home state of Delaware. It was a while back but if I recall when that came out it was quickly converted to a gift to avoid the charges that the pro gunners were getting loud about. It was swept away quickly and cleanly.

I believe that while the anti gunners call the NICS system a Brady Check, HCI was against it. They were insisting on a permanent 5 day wait. Also, they are so proud of the millions of failed checks that have kept guns out of the hands of criminals. They ignore that most were errors. They also ignore that when the check does catch someone in a lie the prosecution rate is next to nothing.

^ This

And every bit of it !!

They have now ruled his death a homicide...after what, 33 years? No, there was no pressure on the coroner for that ruling, none at all. Who they going to go after? John Hinckley was declared insane. So what are the police investigating?

http://news.yahoo.com/death-reagan-press-secretary-james-brady-ruled-homicide-215441292.html

I believe I read in one of the recent articles about his death that JH Jr gets to go to his parents house for a couple of weeks each month unsupervised. Surprising. He was found not guilty though. Wasn't his fault.

Current liberal logic dictates that it was the guns fault.

Back