• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Warhammer Tri-Rail - Custom Barrel Brackets - Military Barrel

Do you have any interest in this product?

• Yes, I need a set myself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I may be able to machine them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dewyz1100

.22LR
Greetings!

Forum Members - Anyone interested in mounting an Aimtech Warhammer Tri-Rail system to their Mossberg 500 series (ex. 500MILS, 590A1) that has the thicker (military) barrel will be out of luck, as the system only comes with brackets meant for the standard barrel...
Warhammer-50_zpsc801681c.jpg

I have gone through the trouble of pulling a favor from a draftsman at work to design a pair of brackets that will allow the Warhammer system to mount to shotguns with this thicker barrel (my 500MILS is pictured here). I now have a detailed mechanical drawing and a ParaSolid file - suitable for machining... We have already preformed a rapid prototype mockup to ensure the dimensions are accurate, and are confident that this is ready for final production.

I am in search of two things:
-First, anyone that has access and interest in machining these brackets, please contact me to discuss. I am pursuing several shops now for quotes.
-Second, anyone with interest in possibly purchasing a set of these brackets for their own use, or to resell to others, please let me know so that I can plan for an initial QTY purchase for the first production run.

Trying to gauge interest to keep overall production costs down for everyone...the Warhammer costs under $100, so it does not make fiscal sense to buy a required bracket for too much extra...

Yeah heavy barrels can be hard to dress due to lack of bracket support. I'm guessing that an adaption like that would really need 3 sets of brackets to keep the heatshield from "hour glassing" with support only on either end but then again I've never seen this done. Just thinking aloud. I'm sporting a Breacher so that's even more limited due to the fluting of the barrel for the "knock-knock" end.

In your support, the Warhammer has caught my eyes many times but it seems more like trying to fit a size 10 into a size 2 party dress.

It actually fits quite well... There is plenty of clearance between rail and barrel, even at the barrel base... Only time would tell if over time and torture if this rail exhibits any "hour-glassing" with the two mount points...

I know from plenty of rapid firing of my 500MILS, the heavy barrel does not get nearly as hot as the standard barrel does...no real need for a heat shield, just like the looks and the ability to mount add-ons...

Sadly, if Aimtech had just changed the inner radius of their stock brackets to support the heavy barrel, a set of silicone spacers could have been included at next to nothing to accomidate the standard (smaller) diameter barrel customers...

From the quotes I am getting from machine houses, to make this cost effective, I would need to order a QTY of no less than 50 pairs...all costs up front...

Back